PayPal Purchase Protection Issue

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
1 reply 421 views
Terry_TibbsTerry_Tibbs Forumite
31 Posts
Hello

On the Feb 9, 2013. I bought a item from a seller from China paid using PayPal which i never received.

On Mar 27, 2013. I opened a PayPal case to recover my money as it had been 50 days, i still hadn't recived my item. For some reason unknown, on the same day PayPal closed my case, they did not even contact me to say why.

So i sent a email to their [email protected] address. I received a reply.

PayPal: To qualify for the PayPal Purchase Protection, claims must be filed within ## days from the date of the transaction. In this case, the claim was submitted after the ## day deadline. Therefore, we are unable to offer a resolution toward this matter at this time.

Notice: PayPal don't even tell me in email how many days from the date of the transaction to qualify they just give me a ## sign. Surley i'm entitled to my money back? An item from China surface mail is it at least 6 weeks. How did i know i was not going to get my item. The time span of the PayPal Purchase Protection is flawed.

Is there anything I can do to recoup my losses without taking it tosmall claims court?

Thanks

TT

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals