Always Outbid!!

Replies

• I'd strongly recommend always using a sniper, such as:
    http://www.justsnipe.com/index.asp

This gives you 5 free sniper bids per week (you can pay for more if you need them).
    It means you can automatically place a last minute bid without being on-line.
    Just as useful, it helps prevent 'shill bidders' pushing up the selling price of their own items, by counter-bidding the price upwards (aiming to just underbid the top bid price).
    Hope this helps.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • Meadows wrote: »
    Early bidding is nearly always done by new comers as they are not sure how the bidding works
    Like me :D
    This_Year wrote: »
    a snipe bid is any bid placed in the final seconds of an auction
    Does that mean I have to watch the last few seconds of every action I want to bid on?

This_Year wrote: »
    Hope this hasn't confused you more! :)
    I'm understanding it now, albeit slowly :o
  • if you start bidding your max amount with an item with say 5 days to go, that gives someone 5 days to out bid you, best plan is to leave auction until the last minute or so then bid the amount you are willing to go up to, you see items by the same seller on stupid money and the same item in their listings with no bids, people get into a bidding war and just keep bidding to win the item. i have a friend who cant wait and bids days before the items end, he always pays more than he originally says he will.
  • I'd strongly recommend always using a sniper, such as:
    http://www.justsnipe.com/index.asp

Thanks for the link, although I'm dubious about giving my EBay ID & password to a 3rd party
  • Thanks for the link, although I'm dubious about giving my EBay ID & password to a 3rd party

Don't worry! You can use different passwords (I do) - you are not giving access to your eBay account, just the ability for bids to be placed in the name of your eBay ID. ;)
    Groucho Marx
  • This_YearThis_Year Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Like me :D

Does that mean I have to watch the last few seconds of every action I want to bid on?

I'm understanding it now, albeit slowly :o

You don't have to, you can use a 3rd party snipe tool - it's just something I've never done. I sort of enjoy watching the auction time down so I can bid. Maybe I ought to get a hobby :rotfl:
  • This_Year wrote: »
    You don't have to, you can use a 3rd party snipe tool - it's just something I've never done. I sort of enjoy watching the auction time down so I can bid. Maybe I ought to get a hobby :rotfl:

I once found that at the crucial moment, when I placed my bid, EBay had logged me out! :mad:

It was at that point that I got into auction sniping! :)
    Groucho Marx
  • Don't worry! You can use different passwords (I do)
    OK, I've registered with my EBay ID, but used a different password to the one I have registered to EBay, I'm getting a pop up message saying registration is not complete because my EBay password is incorrect.
  • alykatzalykatz Forumite
    926 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I've registered with my EBay ID, but used a different password to the one I have registered to EBay, I'm getting a pop up message saying registration is not complete because my EBay password is incorrect.
    Im not sure how porto bello does it but with all the snipe sites ive used they do have to have your ebay login in full to be able to place a bid using your account.
    Ive been using gixen for a couple of years its completely free no matter how many bids you place and never had a problem with it.
  • This_YearThis_Year Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I once found that at the crucial moment, when I placed my bid, EBay had logged me out! :mad:

It was at that point that I got into auction sniping! :)

:eek: luckily that's never happened to me, but I can appreciate your reasons!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES