Forum Home» Credit File & Ratings

How to obtain credit reports - Page 86

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

How to obtain credit reports

edited 29 August 2013 at 3:07PM in Credit File & Ratings
895 replies 312.5K views

Replies

• ChickabiddybexChickabiddybex Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭
    No such luck "To speed up your application please use a credit card in your name and is billed to your current address."
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • sfaxsfax Forumite
    1.2K posts
    No such luck "To speed up your application please use a credit card in your name and is billed to your current address."

As I said already, you can't order online. Download the application form. You can pay with a cheque or postal order

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report.html
  • sfaxsfax Forumite
    1.2K posts
    It never caused any problems with my credit rating in the past. It used to be good! It should be still. I just need to see the possible errors. I'll send off for that £2 report in the post, hope they don't mind the card I'm paying with isn't registered to the address it is being sent to!

Refer to Improve Your Credit Score section, point 1:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I checked my account with Noddle. I just lied and told them I move back to the address my card is registered with. I can see the same info it just doesn't have me on the electoral roll there.

There don't seem to be any mistakes at all - everything looks accurate. Is it possible Equifax will differ?

Equifax asked me about mortgages from 2001 and loans from 2007 when they were trying to verify my identity... I don't get it. Maybe I should just lie to them too and get my free trial and be done with it :/

Also, quick question, how long does it take for credit companies to see your bank balance? Is it instant or does it take up to 48hrs for example?
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • sfaxsfax Forumite
    1.2K posts
    I checked my account with Noddle. I just lied and told them I move back to the address my card is registered with. I can see the same info it just doesn't have me on the electoral roll there.

There don't seem to be any mistakes at all - everything looks accurate. Is it possible Equifax will differ?

Equifax asked me about mortgages from 2001 and loans from 2007 when they were trying to verify my identity... I don't get it. Maybe I should just lie to them too and get my free trial and be done with it :/

Also, quick question, how long does it take for credit companies to see your bank balance? Is it instant or does it take up to 48hrs for example?

CallCredit (Noddle) are independent of Experian and Equifax. You need to check all three.

Lenders supply information monthly so your Experian and Equifax can be up to a month out of date. Noddle is usually further behind
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so on Friday I tried to get a contract with O2 and they said I'd have to pay a £200 deposit if I want to go ahead. I decided to think about it and went online today to go ahead with it and now it has just rejected me all together! I'm gonna tear my hair out at this rate. What the hell is going on?

I checked my report with Equifax (and WOW what a difficult website layout!)
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with it but it has all these symbols and they're all green except the pound symbol. It's yellowish. I assume this means there's something bad in that section. I looked and there is one late payment from May 2011. Will that be enough to for somewhere to deny me credit?

Also, I have an overdraft available up to £1600 (I'm not overdrawn currently though) and a credit card for £500 (it's completely paid off though) could this be affecting my credit rating? The fact that its available?

I can't believe O2 don't think I can afford £22 per month. So ridiculous.
  • sfaxsfax Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Ok so on Friday I tried to get a contract with O2 and they said I'd have to pay a £200 deposit if I want to go ahead. I decided to think about it and went online today to go ahead with it and now it has just rejected me all together! I'm gonna tear my hair out at this rate. What the hell is going on?

I checked my report with Equifax (and WOW what a difficult website layout!)
    I don't know if anyone is familiar with it but it has all these symbols and they're all green except the pound symbol. It's yellowish. I assume this means there's something bad in that section. I looked and there is one late payment from May 2011. Will that be enough to for somewhere to deny me credit?

Also, I have an overdraft available up to £1600 (I'm not overdrawn currently though) and a credit card for £500 (it's completely paid off though) could this be affecting my credit rating? The fact that its available?

I can't believe O2 don't think I can afford £22 per month. So ridiculous.

If you used your current address, and it doesn't match the CRA electoral roll, I'm not at all surprised it was rejected.
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    But I AM on the electoral roll here!

And why would it accept me on Friday and reject me today? This is so stressful and confusing. I tried talking to O2 and all they say is they can't see my credit info (which I completely understand) and all Equifax tell me is "your credit is fine" (from what I can gather) so I just don't know what to do now. I wish I could go back in time to Friday and just pay the £200 deposit. I can't believe something could have changed in the mean time. Unless O2 looking at my report in the first place made them reject it.
    This is why letting computers do things on their own is a pain!! A person would realise it is reasonable to need to think about paying a deposit of £200. A person would not let the previous search count against me.

What a headache.
  • sfaxsfax Forumite
    1.2K posts
    But I AM on the electoral roll here!

But all of your credit agreements are at a different address according to what you've said earlier. This discrepancy doesn't go down well in my experience. As you've said, the credit agreements section appears as amber on your credit report. Amber is only a warning but this combined with too many searches could result in a rejection.

And why would it accept me on Friday and reject me today?

Probably because today you had one more credit search than you did on Friday. If you have too many searches against you, it can have an adverse affect as it can indicate someone who is desperate to get credit. After 6 months they don't really count any more
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So is my best bet simply to change my address with the bank, wait til Equifax recognises this, then try again with O2?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support