Forum Home» Energy

Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ebico energy reviews: Give your feedback

edited 11 September 2017 at 1:02PM in Energy
170 replies 48.4K views
2456717

Replies

  • Firstly, thank you to Martin's Money for helping the nation find cheaper fuel deals...it is very much appreciated. I am with Ebico duelfuel on a prepayment meter, and when I did a comparison for a cheaper fuel deal I found that Ebico duelfuel was on the list telling me I could be £70 better off....I am confused.
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Firstly, thank you to Martin's Money for helping the nation find cheaper fuel deals...it is very much appreciated. I am with Ebico duelfuel on a prepayment meter, and when I did a comparison for a cheaper fuel deal I found that Ebico duelfuel was on the list telling me I could be £70 better off....I am confused.

    I wonder if it would be too much to tell us
    1. what you input as your annual consumption figures
    2. what your supply region is (or first part of your postcode)

    Ebicos billing structure really is very, very straightforward, I really can't see how this mistake could happen ... or indeed why you are finding it difficult to know what your annual cost would be.
  • Wywth wrote: »
    I wonder if it would be too much to tell us
    1. what you input as your annual consumption figures
    2. what your supply region is (or first part of your postcode)

    Ebicos billing structure really is very, very straightforward, I really can't see how this mistake could happen ... or indeed why you are finding it difficult to know what your annual cost would be.

    I put a monthly figure in to both gas and electric, so I am not finding it difficult to know my annual cost!! I just did not know why I was quoted a cheaper deal with Ebico when I am already with them.
  • WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K posts
    I put a monthly figure in to both gas and electric, so I am not finding it difficult to know my annual cost!! I just did not know why I was quoted a cheaper deal with Ebico when I am already with them.

    ... and those monthly figures were??

    (Don't forget the supply region too please)
  • Wywth wrote: »
    ... and those monthly figures were??

    (Don't forget the supply region too please)

    £480 for gas per year and £420 for electric. I live in the CA1 area.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 4 February 2013 at 7:58PM
    WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K posts
    edited 4 February 2013 at 7:58PM
    £480 for gas per year and £420 for electric. I live in the CA1 area.

    If that consumption exactly covers your usage at todays ebico prices (note that they went up in December), then I estimate you consume 2552 kWh of electricity per year (@16.454p/kWh inc VAT) and 9504kWh of gas per year (@5.05p/kWh inc VAT)

    You should ideally check these values according to your latest bill or by contacting your supplier.

    That will cost you £900 per year with Ebico

    Switch to Spark and you could save £130 per year or £116 per year with the Co-op, or even £112 with SSE (Discounted Energy Bonus April 2015 tariff). :beer:

    Switching to SSE should be a simple case of calling them and they should be able to transfer you to the cheaper tariff immediately instead of having to wait 4-6 weeks that it typically takes to switch supplier
  • Wywth wrote: »
    If that consumption exactly covers your usage at todays ebico prices (note that they went up in December), then I estimate you consume 2552 kWh of electricity per year (@16.454p/kWh inc VAT) and 9504kWh of gas per year (@5.05p/kWh inc VAT)

    You should ideally check these values according to your latest bill or by contacting your supplier.

    That will cost you £900 per year with Ebico

    Switch to Spark and you could save £130 per year or £116 per year with the Co-op, or even £112 with SSE (Discounted Energy Bonus April 2015 tariff). :beer:

    Switching to SSE should be a simple case of calling them and they should be able to transfer you to the cheaper tariff immediately instead of having to wait 4-6 weeks that it typically takes to switch supplier


    Thank you for your help. I wonder why these energy providers did not come up when I put these details into the energy club check?? Are these prepayment tarrifs?
  • Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wywth wrote: »
    Why did you want to change meter when you were with Ebico?
    They charge all their customers the same price no matter how they pay.

    The idea was to change to a credit meter so that some of the cheaper deals were available from other suppliers.
  • edited 4 February 2013 at 9:05PM
    WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K posts
    edited 4 February 2013 at 9:05PM
    Thank you for your help. I wonder why these energy providers did not come up when I put these details into the energy club check?? Are these prepayment tarrifs?

    Whoops, no, sorry, these are for customers with a credit meter only. :o

    As a prepayment customer, you could save £25 a year switching to Utilita as a dual fuel customer, or better still just switch your electricity to them for a £35 a year saving leaving the gas with Ebico.
    Note that early exit fees apply with Utilita so you might prefer to stay with Ebico :)

    Have you considered switching to a credit meter? As you can see, there are significant savings to be had if you could get credit meters installed.

    The issue appears to be when you input your annual usage in £, the MSM site (where MSE is getting its data from) calculates the usage of your electricity using 19.719p/kWh (which is actually the day rate for E7 in your region) rather than the correct figure of 16.454p/kWh which it does use to generate the apparant saving for you
  • It's basically wrong then....
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support