CL Finance - default continually 6 months in arrears

Replies

• hi, dont mean to hijack but i really dont know much about this however sounds like it might apply to me. I want to post my thingy from equifax and copy paste wont do it, can someone tell me how to get it like this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=55069057&postcount=1 then i can show you and ask questions please. Tell me to bog off and start my own thread and i will just thought the right people seem to be reading this and im not sure how to word my own thread as you can see. Thank you.
    Littlewoods £10 Very BNPL £234.42
    My total debt is [STRIKE]£7242.32[/STRIKE]£244.42
    Extra payment a week: This week: £
    Total to date: £1279.29 not incl this week
    #33 NOvember challenge
  • edited 10 September 2012 at 8:01PM
    Betty_CrumbleBetty_Crumble Forumite
    609 Posts
    edited 10 September 2012 at 8:01PM
    2004 >this is Dec i_sat.gif
    2005 jan i_1late.gifi_2late.gifi_3late.gifi_4late.gifi_4late.gifi_5late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gif
    2006 jan i_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gif
    2007 jan i_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gif
    2008 jan i_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_satis.gif

Right sorted it. Am I right in thinking I should have had a default put on this instead of all these 6's and therefore it may be removed/removed soon?
    #33 NOvember challenge
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2004 >this is Dec i_sat.gif
    2005 jan i_1late.gifi_2late.gifi_3late.gifi_4late.gifi_4late.gifi_5late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gif
    2006 jan i_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_6late.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gif
    2007 jan i_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_sat.gif
    2008 jan i_sat.gifi_sat.gifi_satis.gif

Right sorted it. Am I right in thinking I should have had a default put on this instead of all these 6's and therefore it may be removed/removed soon?

Yes. ICO guidance:
    • Accounts should not be routinely filed as being in default where full payments or those due under a rescheduled agreement are fewer than three consecutive months in arrears.
    • Accounts should normally be filed as being in default where those payments due have not been received for six months.
  • thank you so much for replying, I will get onto drawing up a letter tomorrow and see if i can get it off there as its the only thing thats rubbish on my report so it'll be a bonus, thanks again
    #33 NOvember challenge
  • starsky27 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I thought I would give you an update on our situation.
    After contacting CL Finance they agreed to change my partners account history to show as a default when she first when into six months contractual arrears. This has now been updated on her credit file and means that the CL account had been completely removed from her file and has drastically improved her credit score/file.
    We are currently in the process of trying to get all the settled accounts from her previous DMP backdated as defaults so they can also be removed from her credit file.

I must say a thank you to Fermi for all their advice on dealing with this issue.

Thanks,
    Mark

I am in the same situation with CL Finance showing the big red 6 on my credit file, please could you give me some guidance on what to say to CL Finance to get this removed. I phoned them a couple of years ago to query it as my other creditors had removed all history from my file. But CL Finance will not budge on their decision to wreck my Credit File and Credit Expert won't give any advice on this.

Thanks very Much
    Sam;)
  • Hi I have same problem with CL Finance did you telephone them or write to them to remove it from Credit File.
  • harrys_dadharrys_dad Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like CL Finance do the same to everyone unless queried. Maybe someone needs to file a complaint?
  • Who do we complain to? I might go to the newspapers. All my other creditors which were main street banks removed everything from my credit file when I paid in full. So CL Finance are obviously not following the same guidelines.
  • samanthaJ wrote: »
    Who do we complain to? I might go to the newspapers. All my other creditors which were main street banks removed everything from my credit file when I paid in full. So CL Finance are obviously not following the same guidelines.

I defaulted on these accounts back in 2004..
  • fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    17.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put it to CL Finance first, then refer their response to the ICO if you're not happy
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion