PPI refund companies - good recommendations

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
11 replies 898 views
lee8040lee8040 Forumite
554 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
can anyone recommend a good ppi reclaim company that is reasonably priced that i can use?

i dont have the time to do it myself seen some that charge from 12% to 25% but has anyone used any that have been good?

thanks

Replies

• I know you have said you don't have time but it took me less than 20 mins to download and fill in the form !

Today I heard back my complaint was upheld .... can't recommend more to do it yourself

My guess is that you will have to still spend time giving the same information to any company anyway ?
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    None of them will do any better than you will yourself.

You do know you still have to do all the work and that they will just fill in the same form that you would, then stick it in a n envelope and post it?
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the loan account/ card numbers and have reasons for mis sell, contact the bank and make the claim for free.

You can use any claims co you wish, you will have to fill a claim form in anyway, send it to the claims co for them to post this to your bank, a claims co do not find any loans/cards you may have PPI on, you have to gather this info anyway, why pay a company a fee plus vat to simply post your form to the banks?.
    You will get all the help you need on this site for free if you get stuck.
  • amersallamersall Forumite
    17K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great minds :rotfl:
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You are on the wrong site. This is not moneywastingexpert. A claims company shaves no time off the level of work required but shaves off 25-40% plus VAT (at 20%) on the redress.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    what dunstonh said. look at the name of the website. no one is going to suggest you pay a scam company to do something you can do for the price of a stamp.

If you bought a Tv from currys, would you pay someone else to take it back for you?

send them a letter, quote the account number and say I feel my PPI was mis-sold to me because...........
  • roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cturkleton wrote: »
    I know you have said you don't have time but it took me less than 20 mins to download and fill in the form !
    you dont even have to do this, every bank or firm in the UK should be accepting telephone complaints. If they dont accept a telephone complaint they are breaching the FSA's DISP rules.
  • lee8040lee8040 Forumite
    554 Posts
    I'm not sure if my past credit cards and loans had ppi on them. I do t have any info as some are past 6 years but the companies said they can find it out for me. How would I find out every credit card and loan I've had and if I paid ppi on it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    lee8040 wrote: »
    the companies said they can find it out for me.
    They can't. They rely purely on information you provide.
    lee8040 wrote: »
    How would I find out every credit card and loan I've had and if I paid ppi on it?
    Your Credit Report (Experian etc) might be a good place to start. Then ask any lenders listed there to inform you if you ever had PPI.
  • lee8040lee8040 Forumite
    554 Posts
    Then ask any lenders listed there to inform you if you ever had PPI.
    Is there a standard letter format about like the claims form or Do I have to just type a letter?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals