New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

HOME BARGAINS finds thread 5

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
1.3K replies 858.1K views
redfoxredfox Forumite, Board Guide
15.2K posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
As the old one seemed to have a mind of its own and kept nipping off to the It's Gone board, I think it's time for a new thread.

Please share your Home Bargain finds by posting below.

The old thread can be found HERE
I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries and Shop but don't drop boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Replies

• EenymeenyEenymeeny Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the new thread RedFox let's hope that this one doesn't 'go' anywhere... ;)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • pavlovs_dogpavlovs_dog Forumite
    10.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shiny new thread :j

hap one of my mini tins of 29p spaghetti on toast for lunch today and it was lovely. Shall be going back at the weekend to stock up
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • asp746asp746 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    385 posts
    10 cans of coke : £3.00

did notice 15 for £4 in asda tho - bargain
  • asp746 wrote: »
    10 cans of coke : £3.00

did notice 15 for £4 in asda tho - bargain
    8 for £1.87 in tesco
  • This new thread has reminded me to pay a visit. Has anyone seen Twiglets in their local recently? Mr shoe goes through them like they were actually nice and they were so cheap in HB compared to Sainsburys.
  • princessmoneysaverprincessmoneysaver Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not been on this thread for ages but noticed on Facebook HB have Kermit lunchboxes, has anyone seen these instore yet?
    2020 February wins - None. March wins - CD & Tickets, Book

Good luck to all compers
  • Not been on this thread for ages but noticed on Facebook HB have Kermit lunchboxes, has anyone seen these instore yet?

I've seen them in the Dundee store - there weren't many though
  • shoe*gal wrote: »
    This new thread has reminded me to pay a visit. Has anyone seen Twiglets in their local recently? Mr shoe goes through them like they were actually nice and they were so cheap in HB compared to Sainsburys.

I was in Sainsburys yesterday and they had the round seasonal/xmas style tubs for 50p each. They had the metal, pull top seal under the plastic lid, and were filled loosely rather than mini bags inside) 200gms. Don't think even Hb could beat that, also had the cheesey footballs.

I am off to HB tomorrow, but last couple of times have been a bit disappointed. I know they vary store by store.
    MSE Addiction, should come with a health warning:money:
  • Nature Valley cereal bars, 19p each (sorry if this has been commented before) which is a really good price for them. In my local store they had chocolate & oats, and maple syrup flavours :)
  • princessmoneysaverprincessmoneysaver Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Kermit lunchboxes instore today & staff said they didn't think they had any earlier either sadly. Will keep looking.
    2020 February wins - None. March wins - CD & Tickets, Book

Good luck to all compers