January 2013 Grocery Challenge - Page 106

New Post Advanced Search

January 2013 Grocery Challenge

edited 12 December 2012 at 3:40PM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.1K replies 132.8K views

Replies

• katholicoskatholicos Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Bunged a bag of stir fry veg in leccy wok, added quorn pieces and a sachet of stir fry sauce. Heated through then bunged it in the slow cooker so DD and DS can help themselves to it. I am just on dry bread today after a couple of dodgy tummy days (sorry if that is TMI).
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • edited 8 January 2013 at 5:43PM
    Solstice_3Solstice_3 Forumite
    444 posts
    edited 8 January 2013 at 5:43PM
    Decided against ordering from AF and the rosspa as it would have cost me £5 delivery for each one and would negate any savings I made as my shop would have been too small.
    Stay at home Mum to DS Oct 2011 and DD Dec 2013
    Grocery Challenge

April 298.08/300.00 NSD 14 May £213.56/£300 NSD 4
  • Nicki_SueNicki_Sue Forumite
    1.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    Started this month today as had nothing in and had a £12 off a £60 code for Mr T. With a £3 delivery charge it was too good to wait so.... I am at £55.53 / £400.
    I've moved my kitchen and pantry around today so that I can see easer what I have left in. I also did a weekly meal plan before I shopped last night so an optimistic start :)
    MSE-ing since 2007

• CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    £28.30 spent in [email protected] today and signature updated. I was horrified to see that the little packs of ham that I use for ds's packed lunches, which used to be 60p then went to 50p on roll back over christmas are now 72p. He'll be having different ham in his sandwiches once he's finished what is in the freezer then.
  • mrsdwhitemrsdwhite Forumite
    291 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just stopping by to update my spending...I had my grocery shop delivered on Sunday, and the only meat I ordered was value ham for DD's lunch boxes! Amazing how much cheaper shopping is without meat!
    I checked my delivery saver and it runs out on 11th feb, which I think will be about the same time as my loyalty's to te**o go elsewhere after checking my supermarket the other day to see that my normal shop is £10 cheaper elsewhere...
    Anyway, my shop this week was £51.52 which is slightly over my weekly budget, however I stocked up on some half price stuff that will last for quite a while and was well worth using the little bit extra for.
    Also spent £4 last night on some packet risotto mixes, which was bad but they're really useful to have in the cupboard for quick lunches.
  • mummyyof5mummyyof5 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    A lovely NSD today:T:T
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome/hello to:
    greent, mrso1972 and In_it_not_to_giveitaway :D

No spends here today although that's because I was at work ;) Still haven't managed to get to our new L!dl - hoping to pay a visit later in the week.

Have made a beef casserole in the slow cooker today. Used a packet of Toscos veg soup mix (basically cubed carrot, swede, leeks, etc.) which for a £1 is so worth it. CBA'd prepping veg at the crack of dawn :p

Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • Quite a few spends today, !!!!!!.

Eating out

Had a hospital apt and didn't take anything for me or my youngets so a sneaky trip McDonalds - £5.38

GC

2 x Truly Irresistible mince reduced to £2.40 each.
    1 x 9 pack toilet rolls - £2.55.
    1 x cat food - £1.39.
    1 x 18 pack yoghurts £2.00.

- £10.74.

But to reign things in i have made the best of some parsnip soup i made the other day which was rank, i mixed it with 1 portion of my carrot and lentil soup and a tin of accidently bought value tomatoe soup and have made a big pot of 3 - 4 portions of super yummy soup.

X
    June £0.00 GC / £200.00
    Family of 4 : 1 adult 3 kids ages 3,4 & 5.
  • £13 added today from mr S. i don't go their often.

2 big boxes of cereal, bread, new pots, ice lollies and sweets for DD to take to school tomorrow to celebrate her birthday
  • Bluegreen143Bluegreen143 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    No spends today, unless OH bought anything (might have done as he's working late and may have bought something to take with him).

Will attempt to make something for dinner that uses up everything I have in the fridge - still have tons of milk left so might make some sweet scones tonight. The cheese ones I made last night were lovely but I know OH loves sweet ones with jam.

Had a bit of a panic that I'd lost my passport :eek: but thankfully I just found it in a drawer. Flight is early Thurs morning so just as well!
    Married March 2014, DS born Dec 2015, DD born Dec 2018
    July Grocery Challenge: £435 spent (food), £89 spent (household)