Which Primus Saver 1 or 2

in Phones & TV
17 replies 4.8K views
ShawzShawz Forumite
1.1K Posts
Would like to get the primus saver for free evening and weekend calls but the article mentions Primus Saver 1 and then the link is Primus Saver 2.

Just a bit confused, which one it is 1 or 2

Can anyone help me please :confused:
Looking to raise some money ;)

Replies

• YpaymoreYpaymore Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Primus Saver 2 for Free E&W Calls

http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/SaverProducts.aspx?source=saver

You can only sign up for this one via the 0800 number.

Dont be persuaded to take their line rental.;)
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    The confusion is caused by Primus having some Uswitch-exclusive packages - called Primus Talk 1 and Primus Talk 2 - which are very similar to the Primus Saver Option 2 CPS package originally recommended (and still recommended by me).

If you're not particularly bothered about going via Quidco to get £16 cashback, I'd recommend you just phone Primus on 0800 036 0094 to sign up (Primus Saver Option 2 is not widely advertised so you have to be very specific about the name of the package). Don't take their line rental option (leave you line rental with BT).

If the £16 is important and you're getting to the Uswitch site via a Quidco link, you can get the Uswitch site to offer Primus Saver Option 2 but you have to be a little 'creative' to make it do so (see HERE).

EDIT 15:41 22-7-07 - I can't get Primus Saver Option 2 to come up on Uswitch now, even using that 'creative' method. If you have any luck, please post how you did so.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ShawzShawz Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Thanks for your help guys. Just called them and the people who can do this aren't there today so I need to call back tomorrow.
    Looking to raise some money ;)
  • muffinheadmuffinhead Forumite
    644 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Heinz wrote: »
    EDIT 15:41 22-7-07 - I can't get Primus Saver Option 2 to come up on Uswitch now, even using that 'creative' method. If you have any luck, please post how you did so.

It still seemed to work for me Heinz. I followed the regular 'creative' route and it came up as the second option for me. Could they restrict the options regionally?
  • d900d900 Forumite
    295 Posts
    Hello,

I have a quick question about the Primus Saver Option 2.

Is it a 12 month contract?
    How do they make money?
    I am currently with onetel/talktalk i assume i can still get this service? or do i have to be on bt? (its all the same wires!)
    I never use the phone so im just looking to save money, now all i want to do is not pay line rental! what a waste
    The orginal post in this thread has a very very slim chance of being about money saving. The post is more than likely to ask a question that google could answer better than any of us.
  • d900 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a quick question about the Primus Saver Option 2.

Is it a 12 month contract?
    How do they make money?
    I am currently with onetel/talktalk i assume i can still get this service? or do i have to be on bt? (its all the same wires!)
    I never use the phone so im just looking to save money, now all i want to do is not pay line rental! what a waste

Either Primus Planet Talk or the Customer may terminate the Service by giving 30 days written notice to the other.

They hope your make some calls at peak rate,to mobiles, and intl destinations etc.

Its a CPS service you must have your line rental with BT to be able to use it.

Are you in a cable area you can get Virgin Media Broadband without a phone line.
  • d900d900 Forumite
    295 Posts
    i have virgin broadband
    and a onetel/talktalk phone line (bt wires)

Just trying to save the £10 i waste on the land line :(
    looking at VOIP options, would be nice if virgin did a voip product
    The orginal post in this thread has a very very slim chance of being about money saving. The post is more than likely to ask a question that google could answer better than any of us.
  • hollie.weimeranerhollie.weimeraner Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ypaymore wrote: »
    Dont be persuaded to take their line rental.;)

I've been on Primus Saver 2 for a few years now. They recently rang me to try and get me to sign up for their line rental option. It sounded OK at the time but I never got around to signing up as I needed more information re call forwarding to a mobile number. Whats wrong with their line rental?
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I've been on Primus Saver 2 for a few years now. They recently rang me to try and get me to sign up for their line rental option. It sounded OK at the time but I never got around to signing up as I needed more information re call forwarding to a mobile number. Whats wrong with their line rental?
    Moving your line rental to any provider other than BT would mean you would not be able to change CPS provider if you wanted to and, as those who've moved their line rental to Talk Talk are finding out to their cost, would possibly not be able to use the likes of 1899 for cheap calls.

In any case, Primus can't match BT's £10.50/month charge.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • I've been on Primus Saver 2 for a few years now. They recently rang me to try and get me to sign up for their line rental option. It sounded OK at the time but I never got around to signing up as I needed more information re call forwarding to a mobile number. Whats wrong with their line rental?

Another reason they will charge you for caller display,where as its virtually free with BT subject to a couple of calls a month.

If you regularly divert to the same mobile on BT ,you can subscribe to BT Call Mobile,and nominate the mobile as your best friend,and get 40% off your calls to that mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals