New Post Advanced Search

2f westcot credit services

1 reply 38.1K views
brench72brench72 Forumite
3 posts
Hi i just recieved this letter, i do have a debt & was paying a debt management for past 7 years, but this year i faced losing job & needing new place to live, so i stopped paying debt this year.
Now found place that i houseshare, also job i kept but on less hours.
I don't know to declare bankrupt or reply to this debt, this is 1 debt, i owe 4 in total, i don't want owner of house knowing really in case they want me to leave...i always pay my rent, but with child maintence and other bills i not got much left, plus work is now less hours.
Any advice please


  • edited 19 December 2012 at 2:25PM
    CAB_Birmingham_representativeCAB_Birmingham_representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    89 posts
    edited 19 December 2012 at 2:25PM

    Wescot are what is known as a Debt Collection Agency (DCA) they are not Bailiffs and they cannot come round to your property and remove your belongings. They can only enforce the debt if they have a CCJ against you, by way of Attachment of Earnings, (Which can be defended)

    There are a number of options you can consider on the information provided

    You can carry on where you left off and continue paying via Debt Management (DM). Please ensure that you are not paying fees to the DM, and any fees is paid by the creditors, and any money you pay to the DM is reducing your debt by the amount you pay each month

    I do not know the details of the amount of debt you owe in total, or details of your income and expenditure, we need to know these figures so you can be advised correctly on making either a Bankruptcy application or a Debt Relief Order (DRO), a DRO is a insolvency procedure but with different criteria which must be met

    You may need to check your Tenancy Agreement to see if your Landlord allows Bankrupts.

    On the brief information provided you should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau (Debt Adviser) who will prepare a Financial Statement with you and will be able to advise you on further options mentioned above
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to [email protected] as usual"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support