tesco vouchers and home delivery ?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
9 replies 3.2K views
hugh_jaynushugh_jaynus Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
went to my local tescos to do weekly shopping, got trolley full and then the fire alarm went off, store evacuated. I wasnt going to wait until the firemen turned up to give the all clear, so i left.

Got home and ordered shopping online and used a £5 off voucher, paid for goods with switch card..

can i use some of the 'online ' vouchers when my order is delivered ?
How many can i use ?
First time using tescos home delivery..

thanks
Charles J

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    When you complete your shopping online, just before you get to the checkout there is a little box where you put your codes. You continue to go through the checkout.

By the time you get your shopping delivered your money will be taken off your bill. You dont have to do anything else.

As for how many you can use, well i have about 12 banked, but it will only let me use one at a time but if it pays for my delivery i am happy.
  • We frequently use an internet code typically "XX-XXX" format to get free delivery.

Another question - when the shopping is delivered, can I then give the driver a stack of internet-printed vouchers?

Will he accept and refund the total back onto the card i've paid with? I've got this vouchers.doc from another thread if I print these off do you think they will be accepted?

RD
  • We frequently use an internet code typically "XX-XXX" format to get free delivery.

Another question - when the shopping is delivered, can I then give the driver a stack of internet-printed vouchers?  

Will he accept and refund the total back onto the card i've paid with?  I've got this vouchers.doc from another thread if I print these off do you think they will be accepted?

RD

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong -- but my understanding is that delivery drivers will only take '£5 off £50 Sainsburys online' type vouchers. i.e. NOT internet vouchers - or even original manufacturers vouchers. :(
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wispa you are correct, if you want to use manufacturers coupons you will have to visit the store and the drivers have been instructed not to accept them.
  • MoglieMoglie Forumite
    214 Posts
    Wispa you are correct, if you want to use manufacturers coupons you will have to visit the store and the drivers have been instructed not to accept them.

Does this mean if I have vouchers I can take my internet shopping receipt to the store and get the money back??

I had my first delivery last night and wrongly assumed I could redeem £5 worth of nappy vouchers against my shopping.
  • The_BiffThe_Biff Forumite
    405 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Tesco drivers will accept Sainsburys coupons. Used a £20 one last week (£10+£5+£5 on the same voucher). Must have saved over £200 this year!
    Nice to save.
  • The_Biff - this might sound like a stupid question but how do you get these Sainsbury's coupons?

Are they in the Sainsbury's Magazine? (if such a thing exists?)

Please explain....

RD
  • wolvesinwaleswolvesinwales Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sainsbury coupons are often in the Telegraph magazine.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • Will Tesco accept my 'sorry we're late, here's a £10 voucher' Sainsbury's
    voucher if I have stuff delivered??
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some