Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 49

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 1:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.5K views

Replies

• MrsCDMrsCD Forumite
    916 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Suffolk Lass for fixing the WM.
    I have a kitchen appliance insurance, and when my WM stopped working a while ago, I rang up, a nice chap came out and found a Colour Catcher in the filter! He said that most call outs for non-draining machines involve these and usually the insurance charge for the call out when it's one of those. He put the 'repair' down as something else so I wouldn't get a bill. Wasn't that nice of him :) I now check the washing as I put it in and when I take it out if I've used a C C!
    #59 Saving for Christmas 2020
  • mossymossy Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Suffolk Lass, what a nightmare!! :eek: Although that's quite an impressive collection of items in your washing machine! If they were giving out prizes you'd definitely pick one up for all of that!! ;)

Trying not to spend any money until next weekend, but walked through Sainsbugs and they had a chicken on YS for £2 plus new pots for 39p so I thought it would be rude not to pick one up! Have friends coming over on Sunday and she doesn't like beef and as my main food source until payday is DR mince I'm glad I came across the chicken! :)

We have a new Asda which opened on Monday and by all accounts has been heaving since it opened, to the point where the police had to close the car park half way through the first day. :eek: I think perhaps we need a little more excitement around here!! :rotfl: Anyways, apparently they have some great offers at the moment, toying with going tomorrow but it will probably be horrific as it's Saturday and I don't really have the money to spend!! What to do, what to do.... :D
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • oligeooligeo Forumite
    263 posts
    Small spend in Mr T today as had niece & nephew for tea & had promised to make pizza & needed ham to go on top.

Fridge looking very bare & a trip to the shops needed.
    Sarah
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    suffolk that wouldnt be a dys0n washing machine by any chance ?? we used to have one and many evenings were spent with dh carrying said washing machine around our utility room draining the damn thing...got a new one now thankgoodness

we had hm kfc style chicken for tea which was nicer than the deepfried stuff and was made with organic free range chicken....everyone ate it so that was a sucess...trifle for pud not hm but part of the mand s meal deal...lush

have a nice weekend tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Suffolk_lassSuffolk_lass Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    suffolk that wouldnt be a dys0n washing machine by any chance ?? we used to have one and many evenings were spent with dh carrying said washing machine around our utility room draining the damn thing...got a new one now thankgoodness

have a nice weekend tess

No, mine's a generic zanny/electro - and I can now report that it is working properly. Ooh I feel Sooo smug :T (just slightly concerned there will be a third thing though)...

I think it was definitely my fault, I wondered what that door was for :o

All the best
    SL

Save £12k in 2020 - #20 £6,318.35/£5k 100.22% after November (yay!)
    OS Grocery Challenge 2020 target £2,627.06/£3k 87.57% so far at end of Nov
    Mortgage Free Wannabes 2020 #37 - exceeded our £15,000 target and paid the whole thing off
    MFIT T5 No 2 all gone after Q7
    My Debt Free Diary is debt free but I still post sometimes Get a grip Woman
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    So, I did my big shop at Lidl* today and spent 79, giving a total of 461 euros for the month so far. Doesn't sound too good as the month is not yet into double figures, but this should last us up to the 16th and then it's just 10 days till pay day.

might have to top up milk and salad later in the week but it shouldn't be too much.
    Trying to keep in budget.

• meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, mine's a generic zanny/electro - and I can now report that it is working properly. Ooh I feel Sooo smug :T (just slightly concerned there will be a third thing though)...

I think it was definitely my fault, I wondered what that door was for :o

All the best
    SL

Well done you,feel as smug as you like,re the third thing my dear old Nana used to break an old plate or mug and counted that,bless her she purposely kept any chipped stuff for those occasions. I once suggested breaking a matchstick in half instead but she didnt think that would work :rotfl:
    Slimming World at target
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    NickJW, your Prawn, Cashew and Celery stir fry is now in the index :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to say I finished the fiscal fast,all 7 days of it without spending a penny. I plan to spend the 20.00 I saved on a parcel for my local womens refuge as I`ve heard they always need little pressies for the womens and kids to brighten up Christms a bit.
    Slimming World at target
  • My cousin came by yesterday to get me out but I talked her into having a day in! I taught her how to make laundry liquid and we drank lots of tea!
    What a cheap afternoon!
    My neice is staying over now as it was har birthday yesterday and her and my son were yacking all night so I got no sleep. I could strangle them!
    Got to bed at 6 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All ok today and we shall see what tonight brings!
    Cooked a chicken and did salad with it for tea. I was going to add chips but dd threw out the apparantly sprouting potatoes and I had no chips in my feezer as I am running it down. Well I found about 8 chips and half a bag of hashbrowns so that is what we had!
    Baking a packet mix loaf in the breadmaker but it looks like a disaster at the moment! Not the norm in my panny so I blame the mix!
    Just roasted a joint of beef to slice up for salads sarnies and whatever meals I decide upon!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults