edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
49 replies 39.7K views
1235»

Replies

• squeakysqueaky Forumite
    14.1K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seem to be quite a few different options for Oven Mate, Lakeland having the cheapest "spray on" version.

The one that looks most like the description is this one on Amazon
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • KimberleyKimberley Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Hi

I know that this is an old thread but rather then create a brand new one I thought i'd use this one.

Did any of the tips in this thread work? We have an Electric Oven with really thick burnt on grease. We inhereted the Oven from the previous tenants. I cannot get the Oven clean so can someone tell me if the Ammonia or Ovenmate cleaner worked?

I don't really want to have to pay out for it to be professionally cleaned.
  • pollyspollys Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Oven mate from Lakeland is brilliant.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
    14.9K posts
    Thanks Polly
    14.9K posts
    Polly

Can I ask do you just put it around the sides and base of the oven or the lamp and elements too? Oven door etc? Best to leave overnight or the 3 hours they reccommend?
  • pollyspollys Forumite
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I use it on the racks, door, oven bottom etc, you can't use it on self cleaning ovens.
    I have never left it on overnight no need, the burnt on brown stuff has lifted before then. Honest the oven looks like new afterwards.

Pollys

ps the elements are hidden in my oven.
    14.9K posts
    Thanks. I'm getting some tomorrow so will let you know the outcome tomorrow night :D
    14.9K posts
    Well I used it and the Oven has come up great except for a patch that I will do next weekend.

It does take a long time to clean off though, I must have used up tons of kitchen towel and wipes and i'm still getting some of it on the kitchen towel even now. I'm going to have to wipe it down tomorrow and hope that none is left inside when I turn the cooker on and cook.
  • pollyspollys Forumite
    1.8K posts
    ✭✭✭
    So pleased it worked, I agree about the kitchen roll, I used loads too. I found the oven was fine when I used it for the first time after cleaning - no smell or anything.

Pollys