November 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 24

New Post Advanced Search

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 22 October 2012 at 2:33PM in Old Style MoneySaving
907 replies 76.4K views

Replies

• giengien Forumite
    1.6K posts
    A spend for a litre of milk - 1.20€. I can get it for half that price at Ald* but I was passing a shop and just popped in.

My big grocery shop will be tomorrow but I'm amazed at how much I have left from last week. I've been much more imaginative with meals and making things stretch. I certainly haven't felt deprived though!
    Trying to keep in budget.

• hi everyone can i join you again please. i came in under budget for october so would like to aim for £200 for the month again please. :)
    200 weeks £25,000.00 / £700
  • I came under budget for October (£200) but can I be added for £250 please? The freezer is now empty so am going to be bargain hunting to restock it and we have lots of visitors this month and large meals to make upping the budget a little :-)

• Billie-joBillie-jo Forumite
    1.2K posts
    afeitar wrote: »
    Anyone else have any cabbage recipe ideas? I've been having it just finely sliced and fried lightly as a side dish which I like but it can get boring. I have about 3/4 of a whole white cabbage to use up and also a curly cabbage to use up.

One of the things I do with curly cabbage is to - Cook some minced meat with some onions, carrots, leeks or whatever other veg you have and use this to fill the curly cabbage leaves with or use mushrooms, onions and pancetta. Far nicer than it sounds. Could just be filled with veg for none meat eaters, mushrooms, onions and some cheese is nice and perhaps a few nuts.

NSD today here hope its the first of many. Really want to make it on or under budget after Octobers disasterous results.
    Good luck to everyone on keeping the purses shut and hello to all the new people and those who have returned.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My new month starts tomorrow - aiming for £100 again, and I'm going to look out a tub to store all my receipts in this month! I have plenty food in atm, so will start the month off running down the freezer, as I could really use the space! And also, after the stress of a week I've had, I think this weeks food budget would be better spent on wine.

This had me giggling, I was only just thinking the same thing myself.

Theres quite a disturbing rumour going round my way, that out little bungalows may be affected by redevlopment, EEEK:eek: the thought of having to pack and move . so thinking I will start now just in case, use up my stocks and buy Brandy, I am so hoping this is just a rumour as already had to relocate once before because of redevlopment, really dont want it again,
    Slimming World at target
  • pinkypigpinkypig Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Brought my weekly shop forward to today as I had vouchers and coupons that expire today. Stuck to my list apart from a load of YS meat which I never seem to see but today there was loads. Total spend is over £117 and I have nearly three weeks until pay day :eek:
    looking on the bright side the pantry and freezer are absolutely rammed so I am starting my Fiscal Fast today and will not be going near a shop for at least a week and longer than that if I can manage it.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me! £200 is looking very ambitious:(
    MFW 2018 #157 Target £15,000:eek:

£23,095.71/£15,000:j :j :j
  • Hi please out me down for a £51 spend, £1 off target but close enough for my weekly budget.
    :)
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5:j
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8 :j
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol
    :rotfl::j
    Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 £0/£270
  • meg72meg72 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Brought my weekly shop forward to today as I had vouchers and coupons that expire today. Stuck to my list apart from a load of YS meat which I never seem to see but today there was loads. Total spend is over £117 and I have nearly three weeks until pay day :eek:
    looking on the bright side the pantry and freezer are absolutely rammed so I am starting my Fiscal Fast today and will not be going near a shop for at least a week and longer than that if I can manage it.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me! £200 is looking very ambitious:(

I think you really have to buy good YS if you find them, it may mean going over now but will pay off eventually, Three weeks to payday does seem a long time but if you stick to your fiscal fast as long as you can I bet you come in under, You are doing well.
    Slimming World at target
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fist day on nov :) today is acually a nsd however i did have a few spends yesterday so £3.68 added. Going to do a big shop tomorrow as i have lots of vouchers to use :)
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • craigywvcraigywv Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi just letting you know tescos clubcard double up vouchers have frozen food in it available from today.....sorry if its already been mentioned on another page i havent read any further so far. xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)