Still charged Ryanair Admin fee with their card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
5 replies 1.1K views
J_BJ_B Forumite
5.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
I think this is my fault and I don't suppose that R/A will refund me but ...

I have a R/A cash passport - the one where they don't charge you the admin fee.

The last three times that I have booked flights I have still paid the admin fee and stupidly, I've only just noticed! - I think that I have clicked the drop down box for R/A Mastercard, (which maybe does have the fee) rather than R/A 'cash passport' (which doesn't) even though I've used the cash passport card.

Does anyone think that R/A would refund me this :D and if so, how would be best to ask? I'm reluctatn to use the 0871 number just to bang my head against the wall for a while!

:)

Replies

  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    J_B wrote: »
    I think this is my fault and I don't suppose that R/A will refund me but ...

    I have a R/A cash passport - the one where they don't charge you the admin fee.

    The last three times that I have booked flights I have still paid the admin fee and stupidly, I've only just noticed! - I think that I have clicked the drop down box for R/A Mastercard, (which maybe does have the fee) rather than R/A 'cash passport' (which doesn't) even though I've used the cash passport card.

    Does anyone think that R/A would refund me this :D and if so, how would be best to ask? I'm reluctatn to use the 0871 number just to bang my head against the wall for a while!

    :)

    Yes Ryanair Mastercard's are still charged the fee. I really don't think Ryanair would refund you - if they aren't legally obliged to help their customers they generally don't!
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Yes Ryanair Mastercard's are still charged the fee. I really don't think Ryanair would refund you - if they aren't legally obliged to help their customers they generally don't!

    OK - I've bitten the bullet and called the 0871 number.
    It was answered quite quickly, then halfway through, I got cut off. Rang again and spoke to a lady who suggested that I tried faxing the customer 'service' number.

    I await with baited breath :eek:
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    J_B wrote: »
    OK - I've bitten the bullet and called the 0871 number.
    It was answered quite quickly, then halfway through, I got cut off. Rang again and spoke to a lady who suggested that I tried faxing the customer 'service' number.
    I await with baited breath :eek:

    In the words of Victor Meldrew ........ 'I don't believe it' .....

    <<In order to process a refund of the administration fee on your previous reservations please forward a copy of the front and back of your cash passport card ensuring you block out the first 12 digits to ensure we remain PCI compliant, quoting your reference number .
    Upon receipt of the above we will endeavour to process your refund without delay.
    I trust we have clarified this matter.
    On behalf of Ryanair I would like to thank you for your comments and repeat custom with us.>>


    I suppose the fat lady ain't singing yet, but it sounds promising!!! :)
  • callum9999callum9999 Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    J_B wrote: »
    In the words of Victor Meldrew ........ 'I don't believe it' .....

    <<In order to process a refund of the administration fee on your previous reservations please forward a copy of the front and back of your cash passport card ensuring you block out the first 12 digits to ensure we remain PCI compliant, quoting your reference number .
    Upon receipt of the above we will endeavour to process your refund without delay.
    I trust we have clarified this matter.
    On behalf of Ryanair I would like to thank you for your comments and repeat custom with us.>>


    I suppose the fat lady ain't singing yet, but it sounds promising!!! :)

    Wow. Always a first for everything I guess!
  • UsetheFORCEUsetheFORCE Forumite
    686 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    J_B wrote: »
    In the words of Victor Meldrew ........ 'I don't believe it' .....

    <<In order to process a refund of the administration fee on your previous reservations please forward a copy of the front and back of your cash passport card ensuring you block out the first 12 digits to ensure we remain PCI compliant, quoting your reference number .
    Upon receipt of the above we will endeavour to process your refund without delay.
    I trust we have clarified this matter.
    On behalf of Ryanair I would like to thank you for your comments and repeat custom with us.>>


    I suppose the fat lady ain't singing yet, but it sounds promising!!! :)

    You probably will get a refund minus an administration fee say £35???!!!
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

    Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides