Can i build a better life or is it too late?? My quest for happiness!

Replies

• edited 1 October 2012 at 1:10PM
    AlTeREgOAlTeREgO Forumite
    114 Posts
    edited 1 October 2012 at 1:10PM
    Wow, what a lovely suprise to come back to so many positive comments of support - Thank you :D

In reply to some of your comments :
    The BF does know about the gambling online, Although i tend to gamble secretly when he's not around nowadays. The gambling is a real toughy, i tend to gamble because it makes me feel good at the time, but when i've lost the money, and sometimes it can be quite a lot, i obviously feel gutted, its a bit of a vicious cycle :(

I haven't told him i'm looking for a Job, although he did catch me looking at volunteering websites the other night, but didn't really say much in response.

What sort of work am i looking for? anything really! cleaning, shop assistant, support carer, im considering everything and anything at the moment, a bit like Pint and pie has said, its more about getting out there, than aiming for a dream job just now :)

Well, as expected the weekend has been pretty boring :(
    all housework and crap telly! Thankfully HOMELAND 2nd series starts soon, so some good telly to look forward to there :)

Ohhhh the carboot was very poor this week, plus side of that i only spent 20p on a wooly hat, which im pleased about, ive been eyeing similar ones up on ebay and the cheapest is £5 odd. Also decided to take some silver jewellery to the guy who buys gold ect and got £33 from that :)

Plus side to the weekend ~ EBAY!! :j
    Auctions ending over sat / sunday bought in a whopping £211 :D so lots of posting of items to do later today.

:( Bf commented he should get half the money!? Told him to get selling his own Junk!

Really pleased to have such a boost of cash to get me going, my main focus is to build some "FU" :rotfl:cash. So no silly spending and will squirrel it away for security.

I thinking about joining the local slimming world group tomorrow night, i think its about £6 per week, which sounds like a lot, but i suppose it will hopefully help me focus on losing weight AND get me mixing with other people socially, what do you think??
    I could put myself on a healthier eating plan and save the £6 but would still have to find a way to mingle with other people. When did making friends become so difficult!?

Ok, enough waffle better get a list of what i need to do today to help my quest for happiness!

:) Check online banking - DONE
    :) Look on Job centre website -
    :) Post ebay items and pray i've got the postage right! - DONE, Postage on one item was slightly more than expected but not too much of a blunder!
    :) Start working on a CV, Will do this in the evening while bf isn't around!
    :) List 5 items on ebay

Oh and before i go, ive been reading a thread on the Families board "ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR "LOT" " ~ Well it seemed a very adapt title, and after reading some posts i did feel a bit :o and like i should be happier with my "lot" as a lot of people do live in situations much worse than i do, but im still striving to make my own little bubble a much nicer one than it is now, and i dont think theres anything wrong with that :D after all only i can do it.
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
  • WantToBeSEWantToBeSE Forumite
    7.7K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Alterego,

WOW to your ebay sales!! Do you find that auctions ending on weekends sell for more? I have only made £80 over the last 2 weeks, although to be fair it was only stuff i would have thrown away or given to the charity shop anyway!

I love the idea of having FU savings, LOL!

There is noting wrong with wanting to make you life better, or being happier 'with your lot in life', its all relative isnt it. You deserve to be happy just as much as the next person, regardless of what situation you are in.

Have a great day!
  • AlTeREgOAlTeREgO Forumite
    114 Posts
    Hmmmm i not sure if ebay listings ending at the weekend make more :think: although i have heard it suggested that they do. Personally i think getting the timings right is more important than day.

No point in having footie items ending when theres a big footie match on telly.
    or having items ending when popular tv shows are on, so say Xfactor.

I also try and sell what people will want, lol thats not has daft as it sounds :rotfl:, so for example, i'll sell boots instead of sandals at this time of year, and save sandals for spring/ summer.

You say you'd like to be self employed, can i ask what its is you'd like to do?

Oh and in response to Terryw comment : Im trying to adopt a "FAKE IT - UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!! attitude :D

Hope you all have a lovely day too :dance:

Right best get on with packing parcels :)
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey,
    i am starting up my own cleaning business :) I have really struggled to decide what to do for a career, and because of my checkered work history (due to the drugs etc i was using as a teen), and being out of employment being a SAHM, for many years, i have struggled extra hard to find a job. So, i thought why not work for myself!!

I am quite scared about doing it, but i need to at least try! and i am a bit of a clean freak, so cleaning is something i know i am good at!
    114 Posts
    :rotfl::rotfl: Well hurry up and set the business up and i can come and work for you! lol

Seriously, thats great! best of luck, do you have a diary so i can follow your journey too?

* definitely off to pack parcels now :)
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
  • AlTeREgO wrote: »
    Hmmmm i not sure if ebay listings ending at the weekend make more :think: although i have heard it suggested that they do. Personally i think getting the timings right is more important than day.

No point in having footie items ending when theres a big footie match on telly.
    or having items ending when popular tv shows are on, so say Xfactor.

I also try and sell what people will want, lol thats not has daft as it sounds :rotfl:, so for example, i'll sell boots instead of sandals at this time of year, and save sandals for spring/ summer.

You say you'd like to be self employed, can i ask what its is you'd like to do?

Oh and in response to Terryw comment : Im trying to adopt a "FAKE IT - UNTIL YOU MAKE IT!! attitude :D

Hope you all have a lovely day too :dance:

Right best get on with packing parcels :)

I'm nicking that phrase! lol

Have you looked into mystery shopping? It won't make you rich but it will get you out and about a little more and make a little money at the same time.

I had a few tears the other day as I am also a SAHM and have lost contact with all my friends. I needed a personal reference from a friend as we have applied to become foster carers, I had no one I could ask. I ended up getting in touch with someone I used to work with and asked if they would do it. :o. I have made some really good friends on this site though who have supported me through some really tough times.

Good luck, I will be following x
    Electric and Gas Predators 17/£700 :(
    :j:j:j October make £10 a day challenge :j:j:j
    £155/£310
    114 Posts
    Hi Happy but Skint :)
    How old your your kids? If they're still young you should get plenty of chances now or when they start school to mix with the other mums :)

Good luck with the fostering, what a lovely thing to do :D

Mystery Shopping. I've not looked into this, from what i have seen its not as easy as it sounds though, lots of reports and critrias to be meet, also you have to register as self employed, and like you've said don't really earn that much, for now i'll give it a miss, but thanks for the suggestion :)

Crikey talk about mood swing :(
    Feeling a bit deflated this afternoon and can't seem to shift it.

BF has just gone to work, when he came down this morning, i was packing ebay parcels, first thing he said was how much have you made selling that stuff? and pulled a face :o

Now i know that don't sound too bad, but it means he knows im up to something and he knows i've earned some extra cash, and its the 2nd time he's commented, last night when he said he should have half the cash, and then again this morning.
    He's never asked about my ebaying before, and it wasn't asked in a making conversation / interested kinda way :(

I know whats coming next, he's done it before when thinks i've got cash, he'll not give me any money for myself and the kids stuff, an example of this would be i had a dental abcess once, i didnt have any money, he thought i did ~ i couldn't pay for a dentist, i ended up having to borrow some money off my mum to get it seen too :(

Don't get me wrong, he can be generous, but its when he thinks im building up cash, like im trying to do now, he goes really tightfisted. I think, that he thinks if i get a good amount of cash behind me i'll leave him....

* Feeling fed up and a bit confused atm
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
  • Can you put the ebay items on so they finish while he is at work?
    Electric and Gas Predators 17/£700 :(
    :j:j:j October make £10 a day challenge :j:j:j
    £155/£310
    114 Posts
    Can you put the ebay items on so they finish while he is at work?

I could give that a go, he works nights one week and days the next, so could be a bit hit and miss.

Just applied online for a couple of jobs going at A$DA, via the jcp website, so will wait and see if i hear from them, opening / closing date is short and swift, only 4 days, luckily i decided to take a look after all.

Missed out the section on previous employment and just put in the note i was a SAHM looking to return to work
    SPC ~ 6 ~ MEMBER 1873
    7.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Alterego.
    i am off into Plymouth shopping for winter and xmas today, just wanted to send you lots of strength.
    Will read and reply properly later.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides