18185 with Free Skype landline?

in Phones & TV
16 replies 2.3K views
2»

Replies

• BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    You should be helping Martin draw up a new Home phone saving. So your calls are only 2p per call (upto n hour) his are 5p!

I appreciate all your help on this, have you got this setup then?

So if all my Landline calls are less than an hour, then this is the one to go for? Did you mention before that I could get rid of one of my BT lines and have a fresh free number with these cheap calls ? Perhaps using the other phone for Mobiles. Could I also like the Orchid diallers block certain numbers?

You could certainly dump one of the BT lines and use VoIP as your 2nd line.

At the moment I use VoIPStunt.com for my calls and with some via Sipgate, as I used my old easyMobile free credit, that I was going to lose to top up the account, so I've only paid around Five Euro in total for almost 2 years of calling/service.

Though you have to add in the cost of the ATA.

As I have cable broadband, I don't need an ATA that does both PSTN(POTS) and VoIP, only one that does VoIP, so that is cheaper.

You have the choice whether to go for an ATA that is VoIP only and have one set of phones for VoIP or go with an ATA that combines VoIP and PSTN.

VoIP.co.uk do indeed offer as part of the £20 for the year plan a local number for free. With the £20 deal evening and weekend calls to 01/02 are free (each call upto 60 mins) and daytime 2p for up to 60 mins.

At the end of the day it's all up to you how you proceed.

I would probably go myself with VoIP.co.uk if I wasn't already sorted with VoIPStunt and Sipgate.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • So correct me if I'm wrong but here it goes lol:
    I could still use my cordless phone, it would be able to go through VOIP without noticing any difference in quality. 01/02 would go through VOIP at all times cutting cost from 5p to either 0p off peak or 0p to other VOIP users and 2p peak times. Mobiles could go through 18185 and I could treat the phone as a normal phone without dialling any prefixes etc. I would however be paying for the ATA and £20 pa
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • So with those gadgets which I have bought could I set it up so that:
    The user wouldn't know or have to do anything with Prefixes etc but
    1. All 01/02 diverted through VOIP.co.uk
    2. Internationals VOIP discount / VOIP Stunt - Wow How cheap!?!!??
    3. Mobiles diverted through 18185

Is this possible? are there better combinations?
    Main calls,
    Landlines, mobiles, Thailand fixed & mobile, Australia Fixed & Mobile

I have a broadband connection with Featureline or another BT line normal
  • BUMP

Anyone advise me on this further?
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    I believe the Linksys SPA3102 would be up to the job.

With dial-plans it should do as you want.

Though might be worth checking with people in the uk.telecom.voip newsgroup.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • excellent! thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals