paper potters

does anyone know of a place which sells cheap paper potters?

and to those who have them...

are they worth the money? I have a constant supply of free papers as I use the busses and pick up the metro and the MEN, so they would be cheaper that way?

Louise
The sign of a wasted life is a tidy house, Welcome to the chaos!

Replies

• mapcr77mapcr77 Forumite
    667 Posts
    Wilkinsons has some cheap ones, but you can easily make them yourself with the papers.
  • pollyskettlepollyskettle Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    http://www.wizer.co.uk/?p=29

You don't need one! The above instructions are pretty clear (I can manage it so they must be!) and I use them all the time! To make seedling pots, I use a tabloid (local paper!!!) torn in half down the crease and then in half again. All my seedlings grew in these this year.
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • louise_1981louise_1981 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    that fantastic, i have just made one now!
    The sign of a wasted life is a tidy house, Welcome to the chaos!
  • paddy's_mumpaddy's_mum Forumite
    4K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a paper potter (I'm not really into origami-type manipulations!) use them a lot and congratulate myself that I'm doing my bit for recycling. Making them can be a bit time consuming though, so perhaps something to do while listening to the radio or chatting with a friend over a coffee.
  • demented_2demented_2 Forumite
    455 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hi, I have tried to make the paper pots, following the instructions from the origami thing, it was an absolute disaster, however my OH made perfect ones, so it was me being thick, and him being smug. I now just put some doubled up newspaper around a rolling pin and either cellotape or stapel the sides and fold up the bottom of the tube. It works a treat, uses up the tabloid newspapers and is free. I planted some runnerbeans in these tubes and the beans have been transplanted with out any disturbence to the roots.
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides