STARTING SOON: MARTIN LEWIS Q&A WITH RISHI SUNAK
Chancellor Rishi Sunak is joining Martin for a video Q&A at 5.30pm to discuss the cost of living support package that was announced today - watch it live HERE

Complaint Wording Help - PPI/Egg

Hi all,

I thought I would post a separate question as my post may get lost in the discussion thread.

Basic gist.....I realised last night whilst trying to sort out a disputed balance following closure of my DMP that my Egg Loan taken out in 2005 was front loaded with £1,290 of PPI charges, something detailed on statements I received from them in 2010 and 2011. I have read in other posts that this was a major no-no. On top of that, my DMP started in Sept 06 when I defaulted and due to the revised payments I defaulted on the original agreement. Am I right in thinking that once I defaulted the PPI would have been null and void anyway? I have re-paid the full amount including the PPI that was front loaded so I have essentially paid for something that was useless (if my understanding is correct).

As a separate note, Egg passed the debt onto a 3rd party last June, would interest be payable by them on the full PPI amount if the claim is upheld? Or just until they sold it on?

Also, to add, I vividly remember taking out this loan to buy a car and remember the phone call because I was parked in the car park of a chinese just up the road from where I live, this was a rollover of an existing loan with an additional increase and I do not recall any part of the conversation relating to PPI nad it being included in my balance.

What should I put in my complaint letter to Egg, all of the above or emphasise certain points? Any help with the wording would be very gratefully received!

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
Spero Meliora
Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    What should I put in my complaint letter to Egg, all of the above or emphasise certain points? Any help with the wording would be very gratefully received!
    You can only complain of mis-selling at the point of sale. Valid and verifiable mis-selling reasons are all you should be concerned with in your complaint.
    There is no point getting bogged down in aspects of later events to do with defaulting or being on a DMP. These are irrelevant to your complaint and will be ignored.

If you do win redress expect any amounts written off as part of your debt management plan to be off set.
  • jtr2803jtr2803 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Thanks for the link -taff, very helpful.

Thanks for the advice Moneyineptitude, you are quite right about the mis-selling in the first place, I think I maybe confused the issue when I mentioned my DMP but what I meant was that the £1,290 PPI was added to the loan balance so didn't seem to be anything I could cancel when I got into financial difficulty. I think it amounted to £35 a month and is effectively an extra loan by the way it has been dealt with.

I will do a bit more research on the thread and the net before composing my complaint.

Thanks again

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides