Alpha C23/27

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels
3 replies 1.5K views
MadrayMadray Forumite
2 Posts
Cane some one help me please its my comb boiler its a alpha 23/27 i have no hot water or heating i have done all the fault finding still not working i had a gas fitter in and he can not fix it .What is happing is when i reset it ,it goes though the start up pump starts then fan starts then it starts to click but it will not light so the gas fitter put a new gas valve in in but it still will not light he done all the tests but no joy why will it not light (please please help me ):confused:

Replies

• Hi

If it were me I would check to see if the click results in a spark at the electrode. If not, then where does the spark go? Short circuit ? None at all ?Broken ignition lead or PCB problem I would say.

It doesn't sound as though the gas fitter is very methodical.Find someone else.
    Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • MadrayMadray Forumite
    2 Posts
    Cheers 4 that ,but there is no gas comeing out of the valve so it will not light it is not opening the gas fitter checked the board and he said it is ok
  • CanuckleheadCanucklehead Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Hi

There are two scenarios here . From the sound of your posts you have got someone from a phone book who is stringing you along to milk your wallet OR you have done it yourself.
    Either way you should get someone competent to fix it.

Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides