Competitions Discussion Thread Part 17

edited 15 May 2012 at 7:46PM in Game Over
904 replies 72.1K views

Replies

• melvismelvis Forumite
    6K Posts
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi, only postal site i use (if you mean for entering postal comps)
    is this one here..:)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4060679

hthx

I think Josh meant does anyone use a site to send their postcards from, e.g create the postcard online instead of handwriting it and pay postage for the site to send it :o

I hand write all my postcards but I get printed labels off Ebay with my name/address/tel number on which makes it quicker (very tedious to write your own details 30 times in a row!!). I don't know of any websites to create and send postal entries on but assume it'd work out more expensive ;):money: xx
    #LuckyMelvis - £500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
    £1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
    2014 - iPad Air 64gb :eek: iPhone 5 :eek: iPad Mini :eek:
  • joshtbhjoshtbh Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    melvis wrote: »
    I think Josh meant does anyone use a site to send their postcards from, e.g create the postcard online instead of handwriting it and pay postage for the site to send it :o

I hand write all my postcards but I get printed labels off Ebay with my name/address/tel number on which makes it quicker (very tedious to write your own details 30 times in a row!!). I don't know of any websites to create and send postal entries on but assume it'd work out more expensive ;):money: xx

yea that is what I mean melvis thanks, but thanks to FF for the answer anyway! I will keep searching and report back if I find anything decent
  • BarnabysueBarnabysue Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    I hand write all my postcards but I get printed labels off Ebay with my name/address/tel number on which makes it quicker (very tedious to write your own details 30 times in a row!!

Hadn't thought of doing that melvis, thanks :D (est delivery August 10th ;) )
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    melvis wrote: »

aah, thanks :D
    i make my own postcards & print my own labels :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• nanto3girlsnanto3girls Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always print my own labels as well, but only with my address on.Always like to write my name by hand.
    9.1K Posts
    At £1.23 for 100, by the time you've paid for the labels, ink and electricity and factor in the time taken, I think they're a great deal.

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • edited 5 August 2012 at 9:01PM
    melvismelvis Forumite
    6K Posts
    edited 5 August 2012 at 9:01PM
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    At £1.23 for 100, by the time you've paid for the labels, ink and electricity and factor in the time taken, I think they're a great deal.

I only order twice a year, I bulk buy them. Go through the same buyer each time as flat postage rate no matter how many you order, they cost a little more than yours but they have a pic of my choice on and normally arrive within a day :j:j I ran out once and it was awful having to write out all the postcards and I write loads out at a time as don't have time every day, so now I'm always prepared and order new labels before my supplies run low :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ETA - my printer ink costs a small fortune so Ebay works out much cheaper x
    #LuckyMelvis - £500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
    £1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
    2014 - iPad Air 64gb :eek: iPhone 5 :eek: iPad Mini :eek:
  • edited 6 August 2012 at 1:35AM
    MamzieMamzie Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    edited 6 August 2012 at 1:35AM
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Do you think people would bother switching to a whole new board if they don't even read a sticky on the main board?

I don't understand what you mean by 'but that means lots of members don't get a chance to be involved'? Everyone has access to the stickies and everyone has an equal opportunity to help people who have questions.

yes I do :)

I think that similair Q's may be asked again and again, but possibly because of multiple threads, more people may be have a chance to post a comment in response, without worrying they may be stepping on toes (no offence to anyone). I have nothing against our cherished reg compers who can quickly point people in the direction of a sticky, but sometimes people may want to ask a follow on q or get another opinion over 24 hours or so... Yet within a mixed topic single thread, this can be missed or people don't want to plough through a huge thread looking for missed Q's.

But there could also be threads in there on hints and tips, compers gossip, how to comp faster, gossip about the weather, welsh compers chat thread, and many more, etc... Literally just one place in the compers forum on MSE that people needn't feel nervous about bumping threads, yet not be forced to post all onto one huge thread like comps discussion or the Inn.

I know we have the stickys, and I am grateful that they are there, but maybe a place where we could get to know each other more, help and chat, may help to make/keep/return the comps forum to the kind, caring and courteous board it used to be in the past, xxx
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Sorry to raise just another question thats probably been asked numerous times but will risk it.
    When you have to sign up to newsletters etc to enter a comp and they drop into your mailbox or spam box, do you need to open then before you delete them? Can they tell at the other end that you are not opening them?
    Once again sorry if this is obvious to you all.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
    9.1K Posts
    I always mark emails as read before deleting them, but still get emails saying 'We have noticed that you're not opening our emails'. I always have a reading pane on my account so rarely open emails anyway, but I do read some of them that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides