Moving to Primus Query

in Phones & TV
2 replies 841 views
myself321myself321 Forumite
399 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
Hi there

i am moving to primus on the 15th of this month, how will i be able to tell that on the 15th my calls have been switched from bt to primus, thanks

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check if a CPS provider is active on your line by using BT's Charge Advice service:

Lift handset and dial *411# and listen for message. Replace handset.

Make a UK 01/02 call. If the exchange automatically calls you back immediately afterwards with the approx cost of the call, you're on BT. If there's no immediate call back, the call has gone over the CPS.

You can switch off BT Charge Advice with #411#

There is no need to use the 1280 prefix when switching Charge Advice on or off (even after the CPS has gone live).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz wrote: »
    You can check if a CPS provider is active on your line by using BT's Charge Advice service:

Lift handset and dial *411# and listen for message. Replace handset.

Make a UK 01/02 call. If the exchange automatically calls you back immediately afterwards with the approx cost of the call, you're on BT. If there's no immediate call back, the call has gone over the CPS.

You can switch off BT Charge Advice with #411#

There is no need to use the 1280 prefix when switching Charge Advice on or off (even after the CPS has gone live).

I have now made three calls using the above advice and none of the calls have appeared in my 'recent calls ' BT account although I have been called back to advise the cost of the call!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides