June 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 11 May 2012 at 7:59PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.5K replies 125.1K views

Replies

• KitchenbunnyKitchenbunny Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, just been to Mr T and am a bit disappointed. I had meant to stick to my list but "stocked up" on a few snacky items which will be useful for packed lunches, I guess. Mind you, I normally shop at Mr M so I think I'm comparing to what I prefer. Spent £29.49 today - Mr Kitchenbunny does like his Tassimo! Oh well. I'll go update my sig now.

K xx

• Hi
    Hope everyone is well. I am up to £156.72/£330. Freezer clearing is going well, two pots of lo mash and some chipolata's did the kids dinner and we had a Mexican ys pot and chorizo dish with some ys chicken. I have just got some ys stir through pasta sauce out for dinner today.

Made a choc chip and banana bread yesterday to se up 3 black bananas so snacks covered.

Think I will do a freezer list Next.

Have a good day xx
    GC Mar 11 £437.08Apr 11 £459.26 May 11 £485.52 June 11 £423.79July 11 £409.22 Aug 11 £250.10Sept 11 £396.14Oct 11 £382.37Nov 11 £372.55Dec 11 £332.29 Jan 12 £375.19:Feb 12 £349.58Mar 12 £279.66Apr 12 £249.12May 12 £337.66/Jun 12 £362.58/Jul 12 £317.03/Aug 12 £354.02/Sept £439.72/Oct 12 £210.16
  • Spent another £20 yesterday

Baby food, milk, meat, bread and rolls.

Need to go out again today as we need cheese and ham for lunches
  • edited 12 June 2012 at 11:36AM
    purplesheilapurplesheila Forumite
    24 posts
    edited 12 June 2012 at 11:36AM
    Chilli con carnie for tea tonight. I have all the ingredients in so plan to have a NSD in the Purplesheila Household

DS still off school and he wants a bike ride today, I think we will go the alternative way past the ice cream shop so he doesn’t ask “Can I have an Ice Cream?” – We have ice cream at home so he is not missing out. Sometimes you feel mean saying no – especially to a £1.05 ice cream. But I have tried to keep this ½ term spend really low as I have given up work for the time been.

I did really well with spending this 1/2 term. We went to the Cinema one rainy morning to a Kids Club costing £5.00 we smuggled in our own goodies. And I purchases Ice cream from L!dl after a trip to the local park. We went to a Sailing Club for an evening out (free trial night) and it was our local fate day this last Saturday where a Fair comes to town. My Mum and Dad always give the kids a £5 each and my DS did extra jobs round the house for an extra £5. DD didn’t get any extra as she was a lazy mare and needs to learn.

Anyhow the weather was very poor and the fair was only charging £2 aride. Usually £3.50 – so even the fair folk are seeing a pinch in people’spockets

Both my children have Cub/Scout camp this Friday so that has cost me an extra £20. I don’t mind paying for Cubs/Scouts because they both get so much out of it. Last week DD came home after making fires and camp food – excellent life skills.

That all for now

:j
    April Grocery challenge £0/£160 (17th April-30th Apr)
    NSDs - 0/14
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.2K posts
    craigywv wrote: »
    :):)
    FLO, your brilliant you just seem to "be there" when someone gives advice that could be "better" i have a vision of you standing in a long white toga looking into a pool of water like the Greek Gods and when someone writes a comment you just arch an eyebrow and mutter to Zeus or whoevers beside you " here we go again".:rotfl:well thats what i think lol:D YOUR FAB!!!!!!!!!:)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • FlorenceemFlorenceem Forumite
    5.2K posts
    I had another £6.39 to add to my total - bought some bits in the mini market while away with my friend. :(
    Wet day here - pouring down. :(
    We have a young postman who buys a sausage roll at the nearby bakers - always eats it outside our house - first house of a long road. Mr F spoke to him yesterday - any crumbs left from your elevenses - please leave the paper bag in the porch with the post. Our labrador will enjoy the crumbs - plus ripping the paper bag to bits! :eek: Anyway - Bless him - he pulled up outside today - went in the porch to eat his elevenses - so wet outside. :)
    My craft room is at the front of the house - I am the official NOSY NEIGHBOUR! :rotfl:
    15 in 2015 1/15
  • craigywvcraigywv Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I had another £6.39 to add to my total - bought some bits in the mini market while away with my friend. :(
    Wet day here - pouring down. :(
    We have a young postman who buys a sausage roll at the nearby bakers - always eats it outside our house - first house of a long road. Mr F spoke to him yesterday - any crumbs left from your elevenses - please leave the paper bag in the porch with the post. Our labrador will enjoy the crumbs - plus ripping the paper bag to bits! :eek: Anyway - Bless him - he pulled up outside today - went in the porch to eat his elevenses - so wet outside. :)
    My craft room is at the front of the house - I am the official NOSY NEIGHBOUR! :rotfl:
    :Tjust as i expect Mr Flo as bad as you, bet postman loves you honestly people like straightforward folk, well i do anyway. Thanks for the yp recipe on other thread will amke them maybe tomorrow as might make Goks rice , forgot cant already made apple and pork burgers. You must be the Dot Cotton of your area. love ya really:D
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • I had to go out in the rain for a long overdue blood test, so came home via shops, since I was already so wet.

£3.34 in co*p including tea bags

£2.14 in Tesco Express including YS nectarines

£9.13 in L*dl but that includes enough milk for a week, enough yog, 79p for funsize pears but they are lovely chunky ones, granol, fruit biccies for DD and WD40 (my one and only DIY skill is.....squirt it with WD40 :rotfl:).

There is lamb tagine to eat up.....accidently got left out of freezer :o so that has to be used up today.

Might get HM gammon quiche out of freezer for tonight or tomorrow.

Have a couple of expensive days coming up, hospital visits and city centre trip, so taxi fares and/or buses cannot be avoided but I will try and combine the trips with shop visits that I cannot usually get to, that way if I manage to find any bargains, I will feel the travel costs have been worthwhile. :)
  • bossymoobossymoo Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Couple of NSD's here but I have been working. Just my £3.50 for parking today which I'm not classing as groceries, lol.

Have brought my packed lunch and since the basic drinks are on freevend, I get get an icky plastic cuppa for nil...

Do sometimes treat myself to a proper tea from the canteen, but bit too busy to leave my cubby hole today.

So I'd better crack on, and not get crumbs on my desk ;-)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • sonastinsonastin Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Bought yeast and stocked up on coke for OH at MrT yesterday. Browsed past the YS cabinet on the way through and it was absolutely teeming. No spectacular bargains but a few items we would normally have in the freezer at half price so I added a few to the trolley. Defrosting the freezer can wait another week or so. I've been working on running down the freezer for months so another week won't hurt!

Spent £15.03 in total so now I'm up to £107.94 / £200.

Will need milk before the end of this week and veg next week but not doing too bad so far...