Madasafish Talk blocking 1899/18185/18866

in Phones & TV
16 replies 2.6K views
2»

Replies

• BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    BritBrat wrote: »
    Could you explain that, I have just signed up for Primus Saver Option 2 and did not pick up on any expirery date for the free evening and weekend calls.

I believe Primus offered a package through uSwitch, which had a monthly fee for the same service, but for 12 months you received a rebate.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • It would appear that BernardM signed up for the chargeable Primus E&W call package,as he appears to be a Sky Customer, the easiest way would be to just switch to SkyTalk free E&W package.
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    BexTech wrote: »
    I believe Primus offered a package through uSwitch, which had a monthly fee for the same service, but for 12 months you received a rebate.
    They did also offer the standard Primus Saver Option 2 CPS package.

That no longer appears to be the case though.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • surfsupsurfsup Forumite
    4 Posts
    A lot of people have suggested that it's highly likely, but does anyone know for sure whether Sky's line-rental customers are blocked from using 18866 etc? The same warnings have been made on various forums about those who pay Talk Talk for their line rental. (In fairness, I believe there's something to that effect in Talk Talk's own t & cs.) My own mother has, however, been using 18866 daily for at least 2 years since transferring her line rental to Talk Talk. Does anyone know of any Sky line rental customers doing the same? Thanks for any contributions.
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I have it on good authority from a PlusNet Communications Analyst that, since PlusNet took over the running of Madasafish's network, indirect access codes such as 18185 are not now blocked, because (and I quote)

It may well have been the case that previously 4/5 digit CPS numbers were blocked on the old MAAF network, but because PlusNet are such a nice and giving company, we don't block it at all, so it should just work.

This was confirmed as definite in subsequent exchanges although, as I have not yet switched to MAAF Talk (I do use their Broadband and have just had my monthly fee almost halved when I threatened to desert to TalkTalk) I can't confirm it.

Unfortunately this information hasn't got through to the MAAF support analysts yet but I was assured they would be suitably updated.

I apologise if this has been mentioned on a more recent thread, but this was the one I had bookmarked for reference.
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • KevinGKevinG Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but now I am on Madasafish Talk I can confirm that 18185 etc. are not blocked and definitely do still work, as confirmed by my long 1p/min call to New Zealand yesterday!
    Baxi Ecogen 24/1.0 Micro-CHP boiler installed Oct-2010; 2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides