Kitchens Direct / GE Money PPI Claim

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
14 replies 4.7K views
~GoodLife~~GoodLife~ Forumite
30 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
Hi there,

I'm trying to claim my missold PPI from Kitchens Direct. First National, now GE Money provided the agreement and statements however they say as Kitchens Diect sold the protection to me I need to pursue them. They seem to of disappeared off the face of the earth.
I have contacted the Finance and Leasing Association who basically said I need to find Kitchens Direct as they are not a member of FLA. I can contact the Financial Services Compensation Scheme but what are my chances if they are not a member of the FLA?

My questions are:
Has anyone had any luck finding them?
Should I just give up on the case?
What should I do next?

Many thanks for your help.

Replies

• roonaldoroonaldo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kitchens Direct are part of MKD Holdings Ltd according to the FSA register. They are not authorised anymore so may not be trading. Their address is/was
    Cornbrook
    2 Brindley Road
    Manchester
    Lancashire
    M16 9HQ

If the sale of the PPI was pre January 2005 then you cannot take it to the FSCS.
  • Hi, I am in the same situation as you. We got a new kitchen back in 2002 and was misold ppi. It was orginally through First National but then was taken over my GE Money.
    They have come back to me stating we have to take it up with Kitchens Direct as they set the loan up etc
    But Kitchens direct are no longer so they said we need to identify the company administrators to make a claim but having no luck finding them.
    Would be greatful for any info or help in this.

Thanks in advance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    roonaldo wrote: »
    If the sale of the PPI was pre January 2005 then you cannot take it to the FSCS.
    lynkev1903 wrote: »
    Hi, I am in the same situation as you. We got a new kitchen back in 2002 and was misold ppi.
    Read the earlier quote. Your complaint is prior to 2005 so you are unlikely to progress this any further.
  • Ok thanks for letting me know, annoying all the same but nothing I can do about it now
    Thanks again
  • Hi lynkev and roonaldo

In exactly the same situation

You will probably find that the PPI was underwritten by Cardiff Pinnacle as is in my case.

Dont waste any more time, get straight on to the Ombudsman who I did and are currently sorting it out

Best of luck
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    that wont get anywhere as they are not the seller
  • ginger5092ginger5092 Forumite
    46 Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    roonaldo wrote: »
    that wont get anywhere as they are not the seller
    Roonaldo

I am absolutely aware that they are not the seller, I have been fighting them, with the aid of the Ombudsman for over a year now and it is looking quite favourable for me.You asked for advice, if you dont want it, no prob
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ginger5092 wrote: »
    Roonaldo

I am absolutely aware that they are not the seller, I have been fighting them, with the aid of the Ombudsman for over a year now and it is looking quite favourable for me.You asked for advice, if you dont want it, no prob

many people have been to the ombudsman with mis-sale complaints about the insurer and ive not known one to be successful. ive worked as an adjudicator at the FOS too.
  • Hello,

you are correct, Kitchens Direct went into Administration last year (2011) leaving a lot of unhappy people behind. Their administrators are Deloitte, but you will get no where with them, they are very shrewd, give it a go though! good luck!
  • JohnmilesfanJohnmilesfan Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ginger, posted on another thread but wondered how you got on with the ombudsman? Cheers
    Stephen
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals