edited 19 December 2019 at 11:25PM in Green & Ethical MoneySaving
27.7K replies 1.8M views

Replies

• EricMearsEricMears Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rather a good day today - 26.35Kwh.

However (& being rather greedy !) it could very easily have been even better. Generation curve was indeed a classic 'normal distribution and sky certainly looked blue & cloudless but I'm pretty sure there was a fair amount of very diffuse cloud around as I never really exceeded 3.01Kw. With an extra 1Kwh from (say) 10 till 4 we'd have been way over 30 Kwh.
    NE Derbyshire.
    4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    BEV : Nissan Leaf e+
  • GaryMo_2GaryMo_2 Forumite
    116 Posts
    something had caused the solar MCB (shouldn't that be an SCB - secondary circuit board?)

MCB - Miniature Circuit Breaker.

It's also a consumer unit (CU), not a circuit board. You could label them as CU1 and CU2 or Main CU and Solar CU etc.
    16 x 250W JA Solar Panels (JAM6-60-250) : Fronius IG TL 3.6 Inverter : South Facing : 28 Degree Pitch : No Shading : Manchester M46
  • 23.6kWh here (0.6kWh less than our record) and yet I don't recall the power output getting much above 3kW due to ambient temperature, limited wind and a lack of cloud cover to cool the panels.

We've now caught up with PVGIS target and the weather forecast suggests we'll now beat it comfortably.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • WestonDaveWestonDave Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    26.1kWh here - like Eric the tip of the peak was less than we've had but it was an almost flawless curve so probably a combination of a bit of haze and the heat that knocked it down a bit. Still not too shabby for a SE/SW split system!

Kevin - bang goes the "older" theory then!
    Adventure before Dementia!
  • edited 23 May 2012 at 1:11AM
    Kernel_SandersKernel_Sanders Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 May 2012 at 1:11AM
    EricMears wrote: »
    I really only meant it as a throwaway line but pleased to hear that it really can be done (but I shan't be joining that club !).

On the more general grammatical point, there really isn't a hard & fast rule about when agent nouns end in -er or -or.

A promoter is human but a motor non-human - which might support the KernelSanders theory. However :-

A driver is a human who drives a car but a screwdriver is a (non-human) tool.

Professors & professers are both human.

A chancellor is human, so is a chancer.

Whether talking about the support for a drawer or someone who runs, runner always ends in -er. And of course a drawer of water (or pictures) is human and a drawer to keep your socks in insn't.

etc. etc. . .
    That was very entertaining Eric, and to further rubbish my theory, miner and minor are also both human!

Easily a record today with 27.02, despite never exceeding around 3250W. There was a fair breeze, so I think that low peak was more to do with haze. If you looked towards the horizon today from central England then you would notice that the blue got less and less intense the further away you looked. 30+kWh should easily be possible when the haze thins out.
  • OscargrouchOscargrouch Forumite
    4K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today 16.5 :jHave to remove the shade to keep em cooler:rotfl:!
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • EricMearsEricMears Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very similar to yesterday but slightly less generation : 25.1 Kwh.

Needed to go up on roof late morning so felt panels. They were pretty warm but not really hot.

Fairly confident reduced peak (only 3Kw again today) was caused by 'haze' rather than any temperature effect. Went out after lunch and view of distant hills was decidedly hazy.
    NE Derbyshire.
    4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).
    BEV : Nissan Leaf e+
  • 22.6kWh today, fractionally less than yesterday's 23.6kWh. Long may the fine weather continue!

The jury's out here as to whether the reduced peak output is due to haze or temperature, but we barely hit 3kW today.

Shame the BBQ doesn't run on electric :rotfl:
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • I've found a similar pattern in South Devon. 25.0kWh today, down from 26.3kWh yesterday. Both below my best effort of 27.9kWh on 11 May.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • WestonDaveWestonDave Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    25.0 yesterday so obviously haze building up - I was expecting a lower figure as it was quite misty when we got up and that's reflected both in the graph on my monitor and also on the weather station solar graph. Today looking rather grey so far so maybe a lower figure again - weather station currently showing 220W/m2 - needs to be in the high 700's for 3kw generation. Forecast looks brighter for this afternoon and through the weekend.
    Adventure before Dementia!