What Can Derail This Sucker 2: Electric Boogaloo.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
4 replies 512 views
CBR600F_2CBR600F_2 Forumite
107 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
The bank called me up to request permission to take money to conduct a valuation today. What, from this point, can go wrong apart from the valuation not being successful? Have they finished pawing through my finances? Or is there still a chance they could fist me on affordability or credit checks or some such nonsense?

Replies

• Morgage_ConfusedMorgage_Confused Forumite
    397 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    How confident are you with the valuation. They are a lot stricter these days. They dont seem to like new builds for example.

It used to be basically what you paid for it....now its more of a proper valuation.

Good luck.....
  • CBR600F_2CBR600F_2 Forumite
    107 Posts
    The house seems fairly tidy. It's not new. I think it's probably worth more than what I'm paying for it.

The valuation isn't really my concern. Rather how far down the mortgage application process line the actual valuation is. Is it the last thing before they greenlight my application for instance? Have I passed the financial stuff?
  • GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    You seem very concerned with a credit check. Is there something adverse on your file?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • CBR600F_2CBR600F_2 Forumite
    107 Posts
    Not that I'm aware of. My concern with my file is lack of credit history.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals