3 dongle

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
5 replies 1.7K views
SupatrampSupatramp Forumite
571 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I hope I'm posting in the right place, re accessing the internet via a dongle. If not, could a Mod please move it and advise me where it gets moved to?

For nearly 3 years I've been using a 3 dongle while working away from home. I've generally been happy with it but recently I had a bit of hassle. It would connect, open a couple of online pages, then stop working. I could then immediately re-connect, but the same would happen again. At other times it would work without any problem.

So I visited my local 3 shop earlier today, hoping they could offer me a decent deal including a new dongle. However, although they informed me that new/current dongles are much improved in comparison to mine, the best they could offer was £7.50 a month, I'm currently paying £5.11.

Does anyone have experience/success in getting a decent dongle deal out of 3?
David.

Replies

• reclusive46reclusive46 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Supatramp wrote: »
    I hope I'm posting in the right place, re accessing the internet via a dongle. If not, could a Mod please move it and advise me where it gets moved to?

For nearly 3 years I've been using a 3 dongle while working away from home. I've generally been happy with it but recently I had a bit of hassle. It would connect, open a couple of online pages, then stop working. I could then immediately re-connect, but the same would happen again. At other times it would work without any problem.

So I visited my local 3 shop earlier today, hoping they could offer me a decent deal including a new dongle. However, although they informed me that new/current dongles are much improved in comparison to mine, the best they could offer was £7.50 a month, I'm currently paying £5.11.

Does anyone have experience/success in getting a decent dongle deal out of 3?

Call Three and tell them you want to leave. I'm sure they'll offer you a better deal.
  • twinkle10twinkle10 Forumite
    37 Posts
    Call Three and tell them you want to leave. I'm sure they'll offer you a better deal.

Yes you are right. They might having some marketing strategy, if they were having any better plan then they will not leave their customer.
  • PlutoinCapricornPlutoinCapricorn Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buy dongles (and prepaid SIMs) on eBay as I don't like contracts. They do have a tendency to overheat, so I keep them on the long lead.

It is good to hear from a fellow user who is getting a good service on the whole.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• macmanmacman Forumite
    48.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a replacement SIM-free, get it unlocked if necessary, use your existing SIM in it and keep the same contract going.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • SupatrampSupatramp Forumite
    571 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    macman wrote: »
    Buy a replacement SIM-free, get it unlocked if necessary, use your existing SIM in it and keep the same contract going.

Thanks Mac, that's what I've decided to do as I suspect there won't be much room for them to manoevre on £5.11 a month!

Just need to find one at a decent price on ebay now.
    David.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals