Nov/DEC O2 B/BAND £50 CASHBACK OFFER

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
9 replies 1.8K views
girthgirth Forumite
22 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi, does anyone remember this offer and/or purchase it? It was promoted in the newsletter.

Reason is i need to know which Company the cashback should be coming from. I cannot remember who it was. The rep said 3 months and that's been and gone. I have a feeling they are going to try and put me off until i give up.

Has anyone else tried these cashback offers on other things and been messed around? Are they known to be avoided? Or are the agreements upheld?

Replies

• visidigivisidigi Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    was this cashback directly through o2 or cashback through a errr cashback site such as topcashback/quidco?
  • girthgirth Forumite
    22 Posts
    Indirectly through the type of company you mentioned. They took my details and then put me through to O2 as i recall.

I can easily see a company like this waiting to see if a customer remembers/bothers to chase it up before paying it. Just wish i'd been a bit more vigilant at the time.
  • visidigivisidigi Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    then your cashback is nothing directly to do with o2. You will need to lodge a claim with the cashback site you used if it is not showing as a tracked transaction in your account. I have had plenty of successful transactions with cashback sites, if you follow the process and the rules its pretty foolproof - but you must make sure you cross the T's and dot the i's when doing purchases involving cashback sites.
  • girthgirth Forumite
    22 Posts
    No, it would be simpler if it was with O2. My question was does anyone remember the offer and who the cashback was with or is there a way to view backdated email newsletters from this site. As for crossing the T's etc, the guy said i'd receive a cheque after the contract was up and running. I trusted them when really i should have written down all details.
  • Hi,

As luck would have it I stumbled on a site yesterday that gives £50.00 as a cheque as you explained above, its simplifydigital, but if you search for them there main website does not show this but the link is from this site.
    Not allowed to post links but add

/promotions/50-pounds-broadband-cashback/?partner=mse

to their google search result, there contact number is 0800 840 5368

cheers John
  • girthgirth Forumite
    22 Posts
    Thanks John, i'll have a look at that.
  • jazzthedog wrote: »
    Hi,

As luck would have it I stumbled on a site yesterday that gives £50.00 as a cheque as you explained above, its simplifydigital, but if you search for them there main website does not show this but the link is from this site.
    Not allowed to post links but add

/promotions/50-pounds-broadband-cashback/?partner=mse

to their google search result, there contact number is 0800 840 5368

cheers John
    http://www.simplifydigital.co.uk/promotions/50-pounds-broadband-cashback/?partner=mse
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • edited 3 May 2012 at 9:24PM
    girthgirth Forumite
    22 Posts
    edited 3 May 2012 at 9:24PM
    Wanted to wait for the cheque to clear before posting again.
    It was indeed with SD and their reply to my cashback claim was "...it wasn't for some reason put on the system...".
    First and last time i use this cashback nonsence. I was looking at signing up with Quidco but thought i'd look at user reviews first. And the key one for me put it in a nutshell - if you don't have a life these sites are great because you'll be spending all your time chasing up the cashback! Another said that changing gas,elec etc with an offer has a 45 day time limit in the small print. And the two times she'd swapped they both took just longer than that timespan and hence no cashback or whatever the offer was.
  • chanz4chanz4 Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quidco used to be good, then went down bank. topcash is way better
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides