New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

264 replies 262.6K views

Replies

• glenboisglenbois Forumite
    150 posts
    I can only find car parks with a discount included to beat essential travel, the essential travel guarantees excludes parking that have discounts.

Did you manage to find cheaper parking without discounts and I am being unlucky? or did you take screen shots and email these to essential parking with the discounts and they ignored that part of their price promise guarantee?

Thanks
  • I am also on the lookout to booking airport parking but essential travel seems to be coming up the cheapest for me too, where else could i look? any ideas?
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
  • dekddekd Forumite
    16 posts
    Booked with Essential Travel yesterday after seeing this thread and the then making sure I could find cheaper. I got a cheaper price by all of 48p and sent the email to CS. resonse received today to confirm free parking in view of the price promise !

BTW - Park and go was the site I used for the best price to ge the deal.

Absolutely made up with a nice little freebie.

Email from CS -

" Hi XX,
    Further to your email, I'm happy to say your price match has been accepted and £23.90 has been refunded back onto your card! You now get to park for free!

Should you need to talk to me further on this matter please feel free to reply to this email.

Kind Regards

XXXX.
    Operations Assistant
    Essential Travel Ltd.
    [EMAIL="customerservices@essentialtravel.co.uk"]Customer Services[/EMAIL]
    www.essentialtravel.co.uk
  • BubbahutBubbahut Forumite
    113 posts
    I am also on the lookout to booking airport parking but essential travel seems to be coming up the cheapest for me too, where else could i look? any ideas?

The only site i could find to beat my quote was Travel republic and i am just waiting after emailing Essential Travel re price guarantee
  • WammerWammer Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    My claim was rejected because it took Essential Travel 3 days to reply by which time the price with the other provider had gone up. They wouldn't honour it despite me having a screenshot of the lower price.
  • BubbahutBubbahut Forumite
    113 posts
    It took them a week but have today had an email confirming that they are honouring my claim and they have today refunded me £68.99 making my 5 days parking at Birmingham airport in the short stay multi storey just 50p :j
  • WammerWammer Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    I put in another claim on Friday morning and still haven't had a reply either way.
  • emh_2emh_2 Forumite
    134 posts
    Hi

How do you attach a screen shot to the email? I don't have a proper email adress for them only the link they give on their website.

thanks
  • WammerWammer Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    EmH wrote: »
    Hi

How do you attach a screen shot to the email? I don't have a proper email adress for them only the link they give on their website.

thanks

There is a link to an email address for them on that page. Save the screenshot to a Word document and attach that if you don't use Outlook.
  • WammerWammer Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Update. My second claim was approved! Free parking! :j:j

It took 5 days. I submitted another one yesterday which has been passed to their accounts department today so a bit quicker. Just waiting for a decision.