Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

Sky+ Charge removal - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Sky+ Charge removal

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Shop but don't drop
30 replies 5.9K views

Replies

• paulb369ukpaulb369uk Forumite
    168 posts
    Just rang sky and they only offered me sky+ for £99 box plus £60 install (bargain NOT !!!!), which number are people calling to get these deals ? and which section to they get put through to to get them. I never seem to have any luck at getting reductions from sky !!!

Thanks

Paul
  • paulb369ukpaulb369uk Forumite
    168 posts
    paulb369uk wrote: »
    Just rang sky and they only offered me sky+ for £99 box plus £60 install (bargain NOT !!!!), which number are people calling to get these deals ? and which section to they get put through to to get them. I never seem to have any luck at getting reductions from sky !!!

Thanks

Paul

OOOppps forgot to ask, if I do ever manage to get a sky+ deal can I still run it with the magic eye I have in my bedroom or do I need to subscribe to multiroom (another £10)? I do want sky in the bedroom but obviously do not want to pay the £10 a month for multiroom when I get it for free now. Any help appreciated.

Thanks again

Paul
  • Dave_QDave_Q Forumite
    28 posts

Thanks

Paul

Last night I was offered a new (not refurb) Sky+ box for £49 with free install.

The key thing is that you need to use the magic word CANCEL. The customer services people appear to have no authority to make offers, you need to get transferred to cancellations/retention.
  • Wayne3765Wayne3765 Forumite
    629 posts
    markdavey wrote: »
    Did you have to pay for install?

No , free install.
  • davieb71davieb71 Forumite
    73 posts
    Hi,
    just wanted to add my bit to this.
    The retentions team are the best as i was going to cancel my subscription after 2 years as the LNB seemed to have been damaged.
    They said they would fix it for, £65, then £30, then FREE. I still was'nt happy and said no just cancel it.
    They came back with a FREE Sky+ box (new), Free installation of a new system (wires, dish etc) and i also asked about the multiroom for the little terrors and got a new multiroom box and free fitting also.
    Think its a good deal, dont get the Football or Films either.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • phancophanco Forumite
    338 posts
    OOOppps forgot to ask, if I do ever manage to get a sky+ deal can I still run it with the magic eye I have in my bedroom or do I need to subscribe to multiroom (another £10)? I do want sky in the bedroom but obviously do not want to pay the £10 a month for multiroom when I get it for free now. Any help appreciated.

Thanks again

Paul

Magic eye works just fine with SKY+
  • phaguephague Forumite
    762 posts
    I have just phoned to cancel. Gave the details and was put on hold whilst transferred to another dept. Said we werent getting value for money and wanted to cancel. We were paying £26. All he did was reduce it to £18 for 4 of the channel mixes. He didnt know anything about Sky+.
    I ended up mentioning that I had seen an offer on a discussion site about the £10 a month charge being scrapped. Basically, he said if it I had to wait for it to be on Sky's website - Grrrr!!
    I really want Sky+ as well!!
    Not sure what to do now!! Unless I phone to cancel again another day, or wait for 1st July? He even said it was £99 for a Sky+ box!!
  • overideoveride Forumite
    72 posts
    Well, I take it all back. Thanks OP and pjb007 for pointing out the digitalspy thread

From Digitalspy.co.uk
    Sky has announced on the Digital Spy forums that it will scrap the £10 monthly subscription charge for its Sky+ PVR service from July 1.

The announcement by the Sky+ team confirms that the Sky+ charge "will be removed for all Sky Digital customers subscribed to any Sky Digital package" at the start of July. Sky HD customers are not affected, as the £10 Sky+ fee is already "waived", and should a Sky+ owner cease subscribing to a Sky Digital package they will have to resume paying the £10 per month charge to continue to access the Sky+ functionality.

Sky told our forum members: "Many of you have said that you want Sky+, but to get it, it needs to be more affordable. We believe that by removing the Sky+ subscription cost for Sky Digital customers, it will mean that more of you are able to enjoy the benefits of Sky+."
  • FireflyFirefly Forumite
    3K posts
    Am I right in thinking that the £10 charge is waived when you've got multiroom? I'm confused as to what I actually pay for now! We've got Sky Movies package and Sky+ and Multiroom.
    Do not allow the risk of failure to stop you trying!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support