» »

Tesco 11+ Elite (and me) H.O. for glitches and gossip - Page 939

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Tesco 11+ Elite (and me) H.O. for glitches and gossip

edited 19 March 2012 at 10:19AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
9.8K replies 586.9K views

Replies

• IssycIssyc
    5.4K posts
    Forumite
    Well said, Nikki. And I love the cake your son made you. It's fantastic.
  • neosi wrote: »
    Dont forget to use the 'snap tool' when printing the Wrights coupon.. otherwise you'll waste alot of ink..

Instructions for the 'snap tool' in Adobe Reader are below, copied from my old post

Save and open the pdf, move the slider down so the coupon is in the center of your screen. If its a full A4 size page and you cant get the coupon centred, zoom out by using the + and - buttons on your tool bar

Hit the tools button...then 'select and zoom' and then 'snapshot tool'

Now with your mouse hold the left button down and drag out a square or rectange over the coupon, you'll see a blue box appear as you drag. Once done let go of the left mouse button and you get a message stating the selected area has been copied. Hit print and the print preview screen will show just the coupon ready to be printed. To the left of that theres a drop down box 'Page Scaling' select 'shrink to printable area' your coupon should now be in the centre of the page. Hit print job done... HTH ;)

Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIKuhwu9QSE

Thanks so much for this I have wasted a lot of ink printing out a whole page so now will be able to print more economically :D
    Maybe this too should go on the first page of the next thread???
    SPC #329 £471/£500 banked
    SPC 2014 £1100:D
    Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light
    "Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” ― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal
  • locarrlocarr
    8.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miss_Laid wrote: »
    Right going to washing my cup up, wipe down the surfaces straighten the cushions then I can sleep soundly :D

I have no beef with that!!:p
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • wendyakwendyak
    2.7K posts
    Forumite
    OOhheerrr my early days are when the alarm is set for 7.30am ( unless its an early flight), don't do housework and had a purge on thursday and hoovered the lounge five times, bloody needed it too.
    Other than the fact there are about ten other people here, why should I ??? and if I need an excuse, it kills my hands.......miss laid you must be a marvelous housekeeper, respect but just not my scene lol.
  • redfoxredfox
    15.2K posts
    Forumite, Board Guide
    Part of the Furniture 10000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, with my best attempt at a stern look over imaginary glasses, I just want to tell you lot off and probably put you all in detention after class :p

The pictures you post are quite often (although not always) too large. Then they get quoted and quoted again and again with subsequent posts which causes the problem to go on page after page sometimes. If they are too big they might get deleted.

If that bothers anybody then I'm sorry but we do have to keep the forum flowing smoothly for everyone. But it's only a picture deletion, it's not the end of the world! It's not a conspiracy, it's not a vendetta against anyone in particular and it's certainly not personal. It's just a picture deletion!

So please don't post oversize pictures and please, please, please when you are replying to a post with a large picture in, don't quote the picture part. You can edit it out of the quoted text before you reply.

Ok, you are all dismissed now :rotfl:
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Miss_Laid wrote: »
    Errrrmmmmmm do you know how fussy I am?? All the pics of food you have posted and the only things I have seen that I would eat is the cauli, brocolli and salad (if you pic the peppers off) and the berries for dessert :D

Darn it, and I thought it was my good company you was really after! :D
  • edited 18 March 2012 at 11:07PM
    OldBearOldBear
    306 posts
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2012 at 11:07PM
    neosi wrote: »
    Dont forget to use the 'snap tool' when printing the Wrights coupon.. otherwise you'll waste alot of ink..

Instructions for the 'snap tool' in Adobe Reader are below, copied from my old post

Save and open the pdf, move the slider down so the coupon is in the center of your screen. If its a full A4 size page and you cant get the coupon centred, zoom out by using the + and - buttons on your tool bar

Hit the tools button...then 'select and zoom' and then 'snapshot tool'

Now with your mouse hold the left button down and drag out a square or rectange over the coupon, you'll see a blue box appear as you drag. Once done let go of the left mouse button and you get a message stating the selected area has been copied. Hit print and the print preview screen will show just the coupon ready to be printed. To the left of that theres a drop down box 'Page Scaling' select 'shrink to printable area' your coupon should now be in the centre of the page. Hit print job done... HTH ;)

Video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIKuhwu9QSE
    Nice tip.

Here's another which can save paper as well as ink...

After this bit: "Once done let go of the left mouse button and you get a message stating the selected area has been copied."

Do the following:

1. Open Word, (or whatever you use as a word processor)
    2. Paste (Ctrl +V), press Enter (Return) key
    3. Repeat 2 above for as many times as you need for as many copies of the voucher you need.
    4. Get a grown up to help you cut out your coupons :p.

I get 4 Wrights coupons a page with this method.

wrights.jpg

hth.

OB

ps. Isn't it a shame to see how quickly people can turn on their "friends" over very little? :(

Off to lurk for a bit. :(
    Last ciggie - 28/01/2012 :dance:

If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
  • redfox wrote: »
    ok, with my best attempt at a stern look over imaginary glasses, I just want to tell you lot off and probably put you all in detention after class :p

A detention with a redhead female?...............hmmm, can think of worse things!!! ;)
  • Smart1eSmart1e
    2.8K posts
    Forumite
    OldBear wrote: »
    Nice tip.

Here's another which can save paper as well as ink...

After this bit: "Once done let go of the left mouse button and you get a message stating the selected area has been copied."

Do the following:

1. Open Word, (or whatever you use as a word processor)
    2. Paste (Ctrl +V), press Enter (Return) key
    3. Repeat 2 above for as many times as you need for as many copies of the voucher you need.
    4. Get an grown up to help you cut out your coupons :p.

I get 4 Wights coupons a page with this method.

That's why mine are all wonky:eek:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :) Learn from the past, enjoy and appreciate the present and work to make your future the best it can possibly be :)

And get lots of glitches!
  • locarrlocarr
    8.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    A detention with a redhead female?...............hmmm, can think of worse things!!! ;)

Oi, I'm 1st!!:p
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms