PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views
1269426952697269927002705

Replies

  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Kuffs1978 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

    I'd also be very interested to hear your feedback on this, because as many veterans of the forum know that my disabled sister was sold a loan and the wretched PPI by Norton Finance in 2007, but the loan repayments have been going to GE Money. The FOS awarded her a rebate on the grounds of mis-sold PPI in October of 2011, but Norton failed to cough up before they went into administration. The FOS had instructed Norton to recalculate what had already been paid so that it reflected how her account balance would have been without the PPI. Since Norton have gone bust, do GE have the right to ignore the instructions from the FOS to recalculate and insist that the repayments remain the same as they've always been, or do they have to do as Norton have been told, as GE are the ones getting the money every month?
    Thanks.



    Hi Kuffs i'd go straight back to the fos and see what they say about this.
  • beamerguy wrote: »
    Hi, what makes you think you were mis-sold ? did you try to claim and failed ?

    Reg Vardy would not have insured this themselves, they would have used a 3rd party insurance company. If you think you were mis-sold you need good reason to claim plus you need to locate the insurance company


    Good Morning,

    Thank you for replying so quickly! In answer to your questions: I feel we were mis-sold PPI for a couple of reasons.

    Firstly it was our mutual experience that the Vardycare 'option' wasnt sold as an optional extra but as part of the finance package. I was never aware of the fact i even had it - and its only from looking through old paperwork that we both realised we even had it! There was a great deal of pressure from sales men in the garage to sign on the dotten line immediatley, involving sales 'managers etc who practically bullied me into signing!

    The company the insurance looks to have been with is the Direct Group, based in Doncaster - I have a postal address for them, but I have a feeling they have relocated as the address doesn't bring anything up on google?? this is the best match: www . directgroup . co.uk
    Thanks to this website and in particualr :money: on Radio 2, I have learnt more about the PPI products and it was totally unsuitable for me at the time as I was still at university and working as a supply teacher with unreliable hours/salary.

    I hope this answers your questions -

    Claire

    PS) Im also looking into a HSBC bank loan I took in 2005 to see if i had PPI on that too - seems i have been a bit of a easy target for these PPI sales people!
  • RuthybabesRuthybabes Forumite
    24 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    debsjc wrote: »
    Help - i'm confused!

    I have PPI on a Barclaycard which I've had for more than 20 years (and still have). I wrote to them asking for the T&C's at the time of taking out the card, which they have now sent me (after 3 months of waiting)

    I'm unsure of the next step. I know that when i took the card out I was unaware I had the PPI, but as it is so long ago, I can't remember the details. For example, if I applied by post for the card, which is the most likely. I'm not sure which points to make in the letter to have the best chance of success. Could anyone give me some advice please?

    Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has been successful claiming back money on old Barclaycard PPIs.

    Thank you.

    I also have a Barclaycard ppi for 20 years. I just put in a claim, but did not apply for the the terms and conditions. The card was applied for by post and I cannot remember having ppi on it and only realised 2 weeks ago when I looked at my statement that I had been paying it! I was and still am self employed.
  • i have just received letter from halifax upholding my complaint
    on 4 loans .
    it only took 2 calls and questionaire.

    £1607.15 coming back into my account , im so happy :0)
    i would like to thank the experts on here for their advice and help , these people give alot of their time for us and deserve all the praise . :T

    now waiting on nationwide.
    halifax loan ppi win £1607.15 :D
    Halifax cc. Ppi win. £2.851.62 :)
    everyones equal some more than others :D
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Ruthybabes wrote: »
    I also have a Barclaycard ppi for 20 years. I just put in a claim, but did not apply for the the terms and conditions. The card was applied for by post and I cannot remember having ppi on it and only realised 2 weeks ago when I looked at my statement that I had been paying it! I was and still am self employed.



    Hi ruth good reason for a claim if you were self employed when you took out the policy, you would have to check to see if you could of claimed on the unemployment side of the insurance, the answer to that would probably be no.
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    cturner78 wrote: »
    Good Morning,

    Thank you for replying so quickly! In answer to your questions: I feel we were mis-sold PPI for a couple of reasons.

    Firstly it was our mutual experience that the Vardycare 'option' wasnt sold as an optional extra but as part of the finance package. I was never aware of the fact i even had it - and its only from looking through old paperwork that we both realised we even had it! There was a great deal of pressure from sales men in the garage to sign on the dotten line immediatley, involving sales 'managers etc who practically bullied me into signing!

    The company the insurance looks to have been with is the Direct Group, based in Doncaster - I have a postal address for them, but I have a feeling they have relocated as the address doesn't bring anything up on google?? this is the best match: www . directgroup . co.uk
    Thanks to this website and in particualr :money: on Radio 2, I have learnt more about the PPI products and it was totally unsuitable for me at the time as I was still at university and working as a supply teacher with unreliable hours/salary.

    I hope this answers your questions -

    Claire

    PS) Im also looking into a HSBC bank loan I took in 2005 to see if i had PPI on that too - seems i have been a bit of a easy target for these PPI sales people!



    Don't be too hard on yourself We all were.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Hi well thanks to everyone on this site we have already claimed back approx £6,000 of PPI from Lloyds and have outstanding complaints to other banks.

    Just a quick question I took out a First Direct credit card online back in 2004 if I SAR them for a copy of original agreement and it shows that the PPI box was prepopulated so I had to effectively opt out of taking the PPI rather than opt in is that in itself a good claim for mis-selling?

    Thanks
  • MBNA
    The cheque has arrived from MBNA £16,105.83. Started claim 12 months ago under the complaint of a pre ticked box for PPI. Got turned down by MBNA so went to the FOS in Nov 2011. Complaint upheld and offer arrived 3 weeks ago. Very suprised by the figure as I thought it would be around the 6k mark.
    Still waiting on Barclaycard which is also with the FOS this was a Morgan Stanley card first.
    Now debt free thanks to all on this site it opened my eyes.
  • cappocappo Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    lostcount wrote: »
    MBNA
    The cheque has arrived from MBNA £16,105.83. Started claim 12 months ago under the complaint of a pre ticked box for PPI. Got turned down by MBNA so went to the FOS in Nov 2011. Complaint upheld and offer arrived 3 weeks ago. Very suprised by the figure as I thought it would be around the 6k mark.
    Still waiting on Barclaycard which is also with the FOS this was a Morgan Stanley card first.
    Now debt free thanks to all on this site it opened my eyes.



    Well Done what a surprise:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::j:j:j:j:money::money::money::D:D:D:D:D:T:T:T:T:):):):)
  • cappo wrote: »
    Hi Kuffs i'd go straight back to the fos and see what they say about this.

    Already done that. The FOS are truly crap, as they claim that because GE effectively loaned the money to Norton to lend to my sis, GE aren't bothered where the repayments come from,and since Norton have gone bust, the only person who can pay it back is my sister. But as the policy was cancelled last April and therefore it's no longer being paid for, surely GE are obligated to restructure the loan payments? The original loan agreement stated that my sister should pay £13,259 upon full repayment, and we were informed last week that her repayment balance stood at at £13,034 at the moment. Even without the interest etc that the FOS awarded, my sister repaid £1,154 in PPI so surely she'd be within her rights to ask that the same amount be deducted from the £13,034 which leaves £11,880, which is just under £1500 short of the full £13,259. This situation, and this country generally stinks. The rich keep finding ways to make the rest of us suffer whilst they get richer, and it really is no surprise so many people are taking their own lives. A lifelong friend of mine did exactly that just under two weeks ago. He was a very unassuming, gentle chap who never did anyone any harm. He never gave any indication of being unhappy with his life, but because he was also affected by this country's despicable government cuts and was also owed money by Norton Finance and like us, was paying far more money on a loan than he should have, he decided that he'd had enough and took his own life by jumping off Beachy Head in Sussex. I have a horrible feeling that one day I will hear that my sister has done something similar, but I wouldn't blame her if she did.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides