PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• hi ive made a claim for miss sold ppi from santander cards which only total £324 ive just had a letter from them telling me i will not be getting anything back as they can find no evidence of miss - selling the insurance to me ,the claim is from a store card they have said its there final responce ,im just wondering if i should carry on with my claim and if so what do i do ,all i can remeber is been asked to sign where the two crosses where on the form .
  • LAM2011LAM2011 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    amersall wrote: »
    Get back in touch with them and reject the reasons they have given you for not upholding, ask them for proof that you knew what this cover was for, who explained this to you and if you were given all the facts about this product.
    If they do not provide this information, you will pass this to FOS.

Thanks for your help. Should I put it in writing - do I threaten them that i will contact FOS or was that just for my info?
  • right folks could you please help me with this one ,right ive sent a letter to HFC bank asking for information on a loan i had with them this is the reply i got back.we write further to your letter 11th jan the contents of which we note.
    please note that the enclosed information relates only to the agreement identified above.the bank is not required to provide information under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974 when a loan agreement has been paid in full .
    we confirm the above account closed on 29 november 2008.

is there anything i can do now cheers
  • Hello to you all, Newbie here so please be kind. some advice if you nice people can,
    I sent away to the Halifax about a loan i had with them it was for £20000 secured, I had taken it out in December 2003 and payed it off in Aug 2004.
    It was for a 204 term
    At £211.11 per month.
    Any way my question is the i have had a letter from the Halifax saying as our final response,we are offering you a payment of £230.83.
    This is a refund of premiums of £142.98 and intrest at 8% of £87.85 calculated up to the 21 march.
    Am sorry i dont have how much i was paying in ppi each month, so can i ask all you nice people does this sound about right the refund i should be getting.Keep up all the good work we would get nowere with out people like your selfs.
  • Hello to you all, Newbie here so please be kind. some advice if you nice people can,
    I sent away to the Halifax about a loan i had with them it was for £20000 secured, I had taken it out in December 2003 and payed it off in Aug 2004.
    It was for a 204 term
    At £211.11 per month.
    Any way my question is the i have had a letter from the Halifax saying as our final response,we are offering you a payment of £230.83.
    This is a refund of premiums of £142.98 and intrest at 8% of £87.85 calculated up to the 21 march.
    Am sorry i dont have how much i was paying in ppi each month, so can i ask all you nice people does this sound about right the refund i should be getting.Keep up all the good work we would get nowere with out people like your selfs.

Hi Andrew25000,
    Done a rough calculation and this sounds about right to me. From the refund of premium they quote you were paying £17.87 per month for PPI and you were only paying it for 8 months. You paid the loan off 8 months into a 204 month term and would have received a rebate of PPI at the time. I would be inclined to accept ;) Well done :)
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • Thankyou. And please keep up the good work
  • dilus wrote: »
    hi andrew25000,
    done a rough calculation and this sounds about right to me. From the refund of premium they quote you were paying £17.87 per month for ppi and you were only paying it for 8 months. You paid the loan off 8 months into a 204 month term and would have received a rebate of ppi at the time. I would be inclined to accept ;) well done :)

thankyou and keep up the good work
  • edited 26 February 2012 at 12:00PM
    tracylouisegtracylouiseg Forumite
    18 Posts
    edited 26 February 2012 at 12:00PM
    LAM2011 wrote: »
    Hi - some thoughts and advice please :

In 2004 (ish) I took out a credit card with MBNA and I honestly remember nothing about the original application and I was really struggling at the time so probably filled out form quickly and maxed the card pretty quickly too so when I was assessing my financial situation a few months after - I noticed the PPI and I remember a phone call to the bank asking whether I had to have it as I was struggling to make the monthly payments. I was told that it was not optional. So recently after reading this thread I sent in the relevant form stating the above. I have had success with my Natwest Loan (but have all my paper work for this) so thought I would have nothing to lose.

Yesterday I had a reply from MBNA :
    "The application form you completed offered you an option to tick the box to purchase PPI. This option to tick box would have made it clear to you that you could choose whether or not to purchase PPI) Given that you ticked the box (and signed below to confirm), I am satisfied that you actively chose to purchase and understood that it as optional when you did so"

Do I have any comeback on that answer or is that it now for my claim? I understand their comment but knew nothing about PPI until recently and did try and cancel it telephonically - which I have no proof of.

I have a MBNA claim in at the mo from 2005, if your agreement is the same as mine - check the box where you 'ticked' - underneath its states you're ''agreeing to the terms of the agreement as stated in paragragh 1.16'' - there's is NO paragraph 1.16 on the agreement nor in the t&c's!! Also in THEIR t&c's is states by ticking the box your are ''giving them the authority to ADVISE on any insurances...'' - did they advise you???

Note re telephone conversations - it's ALWAYS best to do things in writing then you have it documented!! And send thing by recorded delivery too!!

They are slimey ...........(*insert expletive of your own choosing)!!
  • Thankyou. And please keep up the good work

You're welcome :)
    Successes
    Sainsbury's/BOS £6,400 Paid :)
    MBNA £3,600 Paid :)
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    right folks could you please help me with this one ,right ive sent a letter to HFC bank asking for information on a loan i had with them this is the reply i got back.we write further to your letter 11th jan the contents of which we note.
    please note that the enclosed information relates only to the agreement identified above.the bank is not required to provide information under section 77 of the consumer credit act 1974 when a loan agreement has been paid in full .
    we confirm the above account closed on 29 november 2008.

is there anything i can do now cheers

If you are claiming PPI refunds, YES ... you can SAR them under the Data Protection Act whereby they are obliged to provide the info requested or / and you can use this checklist if you were mis-sold a PPI

*Did YOUR BANK explain the full cost of the PPI when you took out the loan?
    *Did you specifically ask YOUR BANK for PPI?
    *Did YOUR BANK make clear that PPI was optional?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about your medical history?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask you about any existing payment cover?
    *Did you know that YOUR BANK added a PPI policy to your loan?
    *Do you think YOUR BANK treated you fairly?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you have any existing medical conditions?
    *Did YOUR BANK ask if you were entitled to sick pay from your employer?
    *Did YOUR BANK add the PPI without your permission
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals