First Time Buyer Guarantor Mortgage

Does anyone know of a guarantor mortgage provider who will :
-Give a 35 year term mortgage where the guarantor is 55 years old
-Not show the name of the guarantor on the deeds (to take advantage of the current stamp duty holiday for first time buyers)
-Competitive rate
-I have 20% deposit

Replies

• Yorkie1Yorkie1 Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer the specific questions but if you haven't yet started the conveyancing process I think it is cutting it too short to safely complete before the SDLT holiday expires on, effectively, 23 March. That's less than 8 weeks away.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    86.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The guarantor merely underwrites the mortgage (loan) . They have no registered interest in the property.
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
  • Offer accepted
    Valuation done
    Guarantor Mortgage already offered
    Solicitor appointed two months ago so has done quite a lot of the conveyancing work but has only today advised that as both name of my son and I have to be on the deeds (and I already own my own property) that he doesnt qualify for the first time buyer stamp duty holiday.
    I know time is tight but wanted to check to see if there is a product out there that fits my criteria
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    86.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds as if you are actually named on the mortgage offer. So your options are extremely limited. Suggest you contact a local mortgage broker to run through your options.
    Real insurance claim quote : -

"Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early.".
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News