PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

edited 10 June 2010 at 3:07PM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
27K replies 2.2M views

Replies

• Thanks Amersall, I'll get on it ;)

GREAT NEWS!! :beer:

I submitted my claim to Barclays in July 2011, which they rejected in November 2011. After getting moral support from you guys, I didn't buckle and took the matter to the FOS.

We had a reply from them earlier in the week stating that due to the number of complaints they are receiving, it could take a year for a decision! We were devasted.

My wife contacted me at work today to inform me that just 2 days after receiving this letter from the FOS, Barclays have written to us informing us that they had completed a supplementary investigation (even though their original decision was to be deemed to be final), stating that they are now upholding our complaint!

Justice at last. Keep persevering guys - Barclays tried to call our bluff, we didn't budge, and won back what was rightfully ours!

Big thanks to everyone that helped - Special mentions to Cappo, Amersall and Beamerguy who helped me to win the fight. 2012 now looks a great deal rosier! :heartsmil
  • edited 28 January 2012 at 1:05AM
    debsjcdebsjc Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 January 2012 at 1:05AM
    Help - i'm confused!

I have PPI on a Barclaycard which I've had for more than 20 years (and still have). I wrote to them asking for the T&C's at the time of taking out the card, which they have now sent me (after 3 months of waiting)

I'm unsure of the next step. I know that when i took the card out I was unaware I had the PPI, but as it is so long ago, I can't remember the details. For example, if I applied by post for the card, which is the most likely. I'm not sure which points to make in the letter to have the best chance of success. Could anyone give me some advice please?

Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has been successful claiming back money on old Barclaycard PPIs.

Thank you.
  • MrB_2MrB_2 Forumite
    729 Posts
    Well, what a week! I don't think I'll be popular with the finacial institutions, but then, they're not popular with me either. PPI claims have been put in against Sandander, Argos Card services, two against Barclaycard, Capital One and after a chat with the FOS, one against Barclays who managed to sell me a short term life insurance, strangly enough at the same time they sold me a loan, even stranger was the fact it is to run the exact same length as the loan. But after 3 hours of Barclays 'sorting out my accounts to help me' I would have signed my own death warrant.
    I'm back after a break :money:
  • I've remembered a massive argument we had with Halifax years ago.

We opened a current account and signed up for their switch service thing, but they didn't ever do it so we just forgot about that and then carried on using our normal account.

Then we started to get letters stating that we were overdrawn, which was interesting on an account that had never been used. There had been a direct debit for Halifax insurance. We had obviously never authorised the direct debit, because we didn't use that account. Now I'm wondering what that insurance was for. Do you think it's worth spending a tenner for an SAR on what may, or may not be a valid claim? My guess is that it was PPI on the mortgage, but I think that's usually very hard to claim back, isn't it?

I think that if we didn't authorise the direct debit, there's a chance we didn't ask for the policy, either.
  • Hi All
    Post this morning brought a letter from Financial Ombudsman to say that Yorkshire Bank have agreed to pay me for miss sold PPI. I have to sign a form and send it back before Yorkshire will send me the redress figures-Don't think that this is right as I'm agreeing to accept an amount which hasn't been disclosed
    Can anyone assist with figure please

Loan amount £1808.57, this was including a one off up front PPI amount of £208.57
    The loan was took out in July 1995
    Thanks in advance
    Lisa
  • Sorry this is in wrong section but didn't know where to put it

Just had another letter from Halifax with a cheque for £35 Good will payment for a closed mortgage account (from 2004-2009).

'this is for a cap that limited interest rate rises where the rate you paid was based on Halifax standard variable rate-the cap only applied in certain circumstances and didn't apply to your mortgage'
    Don't understand what its for of why they have paid it as it didn't apply to my mortgage-but thank you Halifax
    Anyone else had one of these letters?
  • Hi,

Ive just checked through all my old paperwork and found one statement from MBNA with protection cover on, I didnt know i had this and was sold thi in the departure lounge of the airport do you think I stand a chance of a claim?
  • loobylu82 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ive just checked through all my old paperwork and found one statement from MBNA with protection cover on, I didnt know i had this and was sold thi in the departure lounge of the airport do you think I stand a chance of a claim?

Hi
    I took my MBNA card out in an airport lounge, i claimed was upheld and paid out in 6 weeks from start to finish. Put in a claim and good luck
  • Great thanks for that I wasnt sure if i stood a chance will fill out the form now then x
  • loobylu82 wrote: »
    Great thanks for that I wasnt sure if i stood a chance will fill out the form now then x

I never ticked the box for ppi but apparently the worker did and crossed out the no box that i had ticked.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides