Electricity suppliers

in N. Ireland
9 replies 1.4K views
madaminxmadaminx Forumite
217 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
✭✭
Hi there

Has anyone switched suppliers recently would like a recommendation, I'm with PowerNI at min and thinking of moving to Airtricity but not entirely sure either. Are there other suppliers in N Ireland I can compare with?

Thanks

Carol

Replies

• RikMRikM Forumite
    766 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Budget Energy; cheaper than Airtricity (on paper) and no lock-in. See other articles on here about the comparisons...
  • spike7451spike7451 Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    RikM wrote: »
    Don't forget Budget Energy; cheaper than Airtricity (on paper) and no lock-in. See other articles on here about the comparisons...

I'm saving about £1.50 a week since I switched to Budget last October.Very happy,the only downside is if you are on a powercard,you have to top up at PayZone.But that's a minor niggle as my PayZone is in the offie!hic!!
  • Rach39Rach39 Forumite
    827 Posts
    spike7451 wrote: »
    I'm saving about £1.50 a week since I switched to Budget last October.Very happy,the only downside is if you are on a powercard,you have to top up at PayZone.But that's a minor niggle as my PayZone is in the offie!hic!!

You don't have to top up at PayZone - I do it on line via my phone, couldn't be easier!
    Life's a box of beads - rainbow coloured and full of surprises!:D
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rach39 wrote: »
    You don't have to top up at PayZone - I do it on line via my phone, couldn't be easier!

I top up when I get my papers on Sat morning anyway,being able to do it online is bloody handy tho....
  • weeclickweeclick Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    I switched to airtricity just before christmas, which is a hard time to judge what savings we make as days are darker for longer, but for the first time this week we have seen a saving of about £2 this week but still early days to tell whether it will be a long term saving.
    Life is what you make it.
  • rolo1_2rolo1_2 Forumite
    509 Posts
    weeclick wrote: »
    I switched to airtricity just before christmas, which is a hard time to judge what savings we make as days are darker for longer, but for the first time this week we have seen a saving of about £2 this week but still early days to tell whether it will be a long term saving.

You will save money as Airtricity are cheaper than PowerNI. You will save even more if you switch to Budget
    6.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The's also no contract with Budget so you can switch after 30 days if you don't like it.
  • happy_gardenerhappy_gardener Forumite
    319 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I was with NIE, changed to Airtricity...locked into a 2yr contract and the savings to be gained over the 2 yrs. Now I am going to move to Budgetenergy .
    I think to jump will cost me £40 but then the £40 will be credited to my new Budget a/c, so I am not out of pocket :)

Budget have no contract so even if they put their prices up...I can jump back to whoever is cheapest.

I am loyal to no one and at the moment Budget is cheapest.

All I have done so far is phone them up to get the info , I shall be filling in their forms etc and go from there :)

If you read further back at this forum there are also more info on the Electricty companies in NI..
    :beer:
  • rolo1_2rolo1_2 Forumite
    509 Posts
    Another new supplier enters the market - Electricireland http://www.electricireland.com/electricirelandni/residential/price-plans/index.jsp

keypad price is 15.59PPU -

Budget energy at 14.81PPU still the cheapest.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides