Endowment Surrender & Legal Advice

Can anybody please tell me if legal advice i.e. services of a solicitor, need to be used when surrendering and endowment policy(s). Any help/input will be appreciated.


  • You do not need legal advice to surrender a policy, unless there is some problem with title (who owns it).

    However, you should always weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of continuing to maturity against taking what is available now, and if you are unsure you should seek financial advice.

    You may be able to get more money for your policy on the traded endowment market (if it is a policy they will consider), but consider this, if someone is willing to pay more for your policy than the surrender value they must think it is worth more to them.
  • chelloQchelloQ Forumite
    7 Posts
    Hi hedgehunter,

    Thank's for you reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides