Trouble redeeming Kelloggs free cinema ticket

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
12 replies 1.3K views
estelle101estelle101 Forumite
20 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Has anybody else tried to redeem their codes yet? my local cinema (which IS MOST DEFINITELY participating) wouldn't take them when i tried to prebook for pirates and harry potter before the weekend

They said No Free Tickets can be used until after the first 2 weeks of a major new release. The manager was called and pointed out 'managers decision is final' on the tickets. i am waiting for a reply from Vue (the cinema in question) and Kelloggs as there is no mention of this in the terms and conditions.. even the tv ads clearly say ANY FILM ANY TIME! not "any film any time except the first 2 wks"

am interested to know if anyone else has had similar trouble redeeming.

Worse still... the tickets have nearly all gone for the screening we wanted as vue and kelloggs are taking a long time to reply.

Plus did i buy 15 boxes of premium brand cereal for nothing??

Replies

• hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about ringing consumer direct?
    What exact other wording is there about the Managers decision?
  • I really appreciate your reply. the wording on the ticket is
    "cinemas reserve the right to refuse admission, the manager's decision is final"

and i found this on Vue's website
    on the vue website it says:

What does NFT and FLS mean ?

When a film is advertised as NFT (No Free Tickets) or FLS (Free List Suspended), no free tickets can be used for the film. Normally this occurs for the first 2 weeks of a major new release.

But it just doesn't tie in with the what it says on the kelloggs webpage, the cereal boxes, the tv ads... "any film, any time you like"

i will wait to hear back from vue and kelloggs who are taking their time replying to my query.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah,what you say seems correct "managers descision is final" usually relates to behaviour and dress of those entering,they are bang out of order here!
  • FLFL Forumite
    747 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Interesting. I have had a problem getting a ticket in the first place as one of my codes was not right and so I emailed them last week and am still waiting for a response. It says on the website that they get back to you within one business day - no such luck. Does anyone know a number to phone???
  • knithappensknithappens Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    we used ours to see superman 3 at showcase cinema belle vue Manchester. it clearly states no free tickets for that movie for the first 3 weeks, however the manager is accepting them there. I think because it is £4.20 for a child's ticket there, but they get £5 from the Kellogg's voucher. I suppose it just depends where you use them
  • FLFL Forumite
    747 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    FL wrote: »
    Interesting. I have had a problem getting a ticket in the first place as one of my codes was not right and so I emailed them last week and am still waiting for a response. It says on the website that they get back to you within one business day - no such luck. Does anyone know a number to phone???

After a week they have sent me a new code. Yet to see if it works in the system. Maybe I should wait and see especially if some places are refusing to accept tickets. The kids always want to see things when they come out not 3 weeks later. Might as well wait until the £2 shows if that is the case. Doesn't seem far as the spirit of the tickets are for children so you will end up paying if the ticket is not accepted.
  • Hi All Money Savers, and Super Savers!!

I have been looking for the Kellogs cereal boxes and cereal bars for the cinema codes; i have looked in Tesco, Sainsbury & Asda and no-one is stocking them. The best I can get is a free cycle pedometer!!!

Can anyone tell where where they are finding their cereals...or even better, give me some codes!! pretty please?!!:p

Fiona_babe:money:
    Fiona_Babe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those posts are 5 months old
  • Yes I know they are,

has the offer ended? Kellogs are still showing their ad when i do a google search!!:mad:

Fiona_babe
    Fiona_Babe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont see it on the kellogs homepage

http://www.kelloggs.co.uk/

what site shows it?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides