Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Have you seen any good films recently - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Have you seen any good films recently

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6.4K replies 373.6K views

Replies

• barmonkeybarmonkey Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Kill list.

I watched that a few days ago, dreadful
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cydney65 wrote: »
    I watched the Swedish version of The girl with the dragon tattoo-it was very good. My daughter has just seen the new hollywood version and she liked it as well.

I read all three Stieg Larsson books and then watched all three Swedish version films. They are very good.

I am waiting to watch the Hollywood version. It has a lot to live up too.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • cydney65cydney65 Forumite
    828 posts
    Stoptober Survivor Debt-free and Proud!
    Rikki wrote: »
    I read all three Stieg Larsson books and then watched all three Swedish version films. They are very good.

I am waiting to watch the Hollywood version. It has a lot to live up too.

Didn't realise there were two more films will have to keep my eye out for those :beer:. Just started reading The girl who played with fire-excellent so far.
    TOTAL DEBT @ LBM : 17082.66 DEBT FREE 7/01/13 Save 12K in 2019 No. 63; Jan £816.08 Total £816.08/£5000 :o Penny a Day £108.50 We all grow old, use your life, the world goes and flutters by
  • Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows is pretty good - though serious fans of the books might not like the fact that this one and the one before it, don't follow the plot of any of the books (fortunately I'm not so fussy).

I also like Tintin, which Danial Craig did some really good voice acting in (without seeing the credits I couldn't tell it was him). I also managed to get Batman and Batman Returns from HMV cheap, which I like a lot and prefer some of the action in it over the more recent ones (Begins and Dark Knight).
    Cheltenham Dude

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb. "
    Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Just finished watching War Horse, not bad but not as good as i was hoping it would be.
    WWSD
    (what would Scooby Doo)
  • I watched the inbetweeners movie over xmas. It were alright.
  • I watched Hotel Rwanda again last night. Brilliant film. :)

Now that was a great film. Killing Fields was much better.

However, the truth of what happened is shown so well in both.
    Not Again
  • Planet of the Apes - watchable.

Source Code - I didn't expect to like this, but really did.

Horrible Bosses - very funny film and I enjoyed it.

The Thing - not too scary. Special effects good.
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cydney65 wrote: »
    Didn't realise there were two more films will have to keep my eye out for those :beer:. Just started reading The girl who played with fire-excellent so far.

They are both on Amazon. Click Here
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • pixie76pixie76 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    I know its fairly old but I have the DVD of Sophies Choice which someone recommended to me. Will try & watch it tonight, Is it any good?
    ٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ :EasterBun