'Which company do you think's worst?' poll discussion

edited 28 December 2011 at 3:22PM in Money Saving Polls
36 replies 4.8K views
124»

Replies

• I personally are about to end 18 months of hell with British Telecom, Infact i recently told them they had no right to use the British name in there title as they s**t over every customer and are a SHAME to our great nation.
    Will never use them again!!!!! Any one who uses BT you have been warned
    Oct - anchor win
  • Ryan air without a doubt should be on this list, or does it just stand out as the worst ever so there was no point in putting it there!
  • You've missed off the one's that really bug me -

Royal Mail
    City Link - the WORST courier company I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with

At least you didn't deal with Yodel!:rotfl:
  • chog24chog24 Forumite
    96 Posts
    williamro wrote: »
    I think Santander is the worst company I have ever dealt with and should be top of the list. After 4 months they have still not sorted out problems with my accounts. They are useless on the phone, ignore emails and letters and are worse than useless in their branches. The staff simply do not care or understand their own products and computer systems. I get mistake after mistake after mistake. Power of Attorney lost, hours on the 'phone and then new account details as promised are not sent. Staff never talk to each other or record details of what has been agreed. I threatened them with Ombudsman then eventually I was deluged with many hour long 'phone calls over the course of two days and still the mistakes are happening.

I've had a similarly dreadful experience with Santander. After seeing Abbey National's customer service getting worse and worse for many years, it took an absolute nose-dive when they were bought by Santander, so I decided that it was time to close my accounts and move elsewhere (to First Direct, incidentally, with whom I've been blissfully happy ever since!). It took nearly a year and many, many visits to the local branch of Abbey/Santander to shut down the accounts. Each time the person I dealt with assured me "I'm really sorry, but this time we'll work out what the problem was and we'll make sure the accounts are closed. You'll receive a closing statement within 10 days." but the statements never showed up. It was murderous. I've also got an Alliance & Leicester account to shut down and they're now owned by Santander too, of course, so I'm really hoping that one doesn't go the same way (not least because it's a joint account with my partner and it's so rare that we have the time together to get out and do things like that together).
  • edited 3 January 2012 at 7:00PM
    MiserlyMartinMiserlyMartin Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 January 2012 at 7:00PM
    I wanted to vote but the bank from hell is not there. I am talking about Santander
    Why oh why were they not put on the list?????
  • TalkTalkTalkTalk Forumite, Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All,

If any customers have had poor experiences with TalkTalk we are more than happy to help.

Please feel free to join our Members Forum or Tweet us @TalkTalkcare and we will be happy to investigate any support requests

Regards

Mark
    TalkTalk Online Community Department
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides