Help!! Barclays Bank

Hi, long story, but i have been paying for an Additions account for 9 years without really knowing what it was or using whatever was attached to it and only just realised today when speaking to someone at the bank that i could cancel this, well, now i want my money back! I was young and getting a divorce so was rail roaded into this without even knowing i had to pay for it. Anyway, does anyone know the address i have to write to at Barclays to ask about this? I've looked on their site but couldn't find anything! Any help would be great, thanks :)
Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)

Replies

• AnniseleAnnisele Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The contact details for Barclays' complaints department are here.

However, if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. Are the charges not listed on your statements? Did Barclays never send you any documents to explain what the product was?
  • jettyjetty Forumite
    3K Posts
    I remember saying at the time that i wouldn't use anything that was attached to this 'additions' but was made to feel i couldn't have anything else, the direct debit that was coming out every month was labelled 'debit comission' and being niave, i thought this was something charging me because i used direct debits - when i opened the account, i was in a really bad place with deep depression and was under women's aid due to my ex being threatening, i really don't remember much about it. If i knew what it was and that i could cancel it, i would've a long time ago :(

• jettyjetty Forumite
    3K Posts
    Just thought i'd update - had a call from customer relations and he explained that because i left it so long, they couldn't investigate, but refunded me the first years fees which was £90!! Not the £900 i hoped for, but if i carried it on, i might not have got anything, so i settled. I guess if you don't ask, you don't get huh? lol! :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide