Tesco Clubcard vouchers lost in post

Has anyone had any luck with reclaiming Tesco vouchers when they returned them unused but can no longer find the postal receipt? I returned £360 of vouchers in July but have lost my receipt. Emailed Tesco when they didn't show on my points statement in September and in response to one of the replies I had back emailed them the voucher numbers which would prove I did not spend them. After lots of delays and various emails promising to look into it, I received a reply on Friday saying if I had lost my proof of posting they would not refund. Anyone appealed this successfully and if so how?

Replies

• nohnoh Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked online?
    Unused vouchers will be listed and can be printed.
    See:-
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/reclaim-lost-tesco-vouchers
  • Thanks but these were deals vouchers so they are showing online as spent. Once I received them I never found anything I wanted so I sent them back just before they expired. I have done this before and had no problem - the points are just credited back. But this time they didn't appear as Tesco says it never recieved them and I can't find my proof of posting anywhere. Realise this carelessness is my fault but it is a lot to loose
  • maginotmaginot Forumite
    484 Posts
    £360? I take it you didn't use special delivery?

This would have been the only postal method to cover yourself, if you haven't done this I doubt their would be any redress, even if you had the postal receipt!
    They will have paid for the deal to give you the vouchers and without them will probably not be able to give a refund.

Your only hope is to keep trying with Tesco and hope they are willing to replace them as a goodwill gesture.

In future if posting vouchers, normal post does not cover you. You need to post special delivery!
  • I did special or recorded delivery but have lost the receipt - I nver realised they had not arrived and had had a difficult summer due to family illness so just never thought about it until too late
  • maginotmaginot Forumite
    484 Posts
    Did you do special or recorded?

Recorded would not cover you, special delivery you can contact royal mail and give details, they should then be able to track it for you and then you an claim off Royal Mail if it has not been delivered!
  • I will go to the post office where I sent them and ask
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maginot wrote: »
    Did you do special or recorded?

Recorded would not cover you, special delivery you can contact royal mail and give details, they should then be able to track it for you and then you an claim off Royal Mail if it has not been delivered!

details. as in the tracking number the OP doesnt have?
  • custardy wrote: »
    details. as in the tracking number the OP doesnt have?

Sometimes if you go back to the PO and give details of time and day of when you posted, they can get the tracking number for you! Obviously need to have nice staff at the PO to do this for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides