Caravan Insurance ..any Recommendations?

edited 17 August 2016 at 9:41AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
8 replies 841 views
POSSETTEPOSSETTE Forumite
1.5K Posts
edited 17 August 2016 at 9:41AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Official MoneySavingExpert Insert August 16:

Read our Caravan Insurance guide for the latest, best deals.

Back to POSSETTE's original forum post...

Im currently with Park Insurance as they seem to be the cheapest i can find.
I still dont get why i can drive my car everyday and get billed £200 a year insurance BUT the caravan only makes 12 journeys a year and costs £350???:confused:
TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....

Replies

• eribareribar Forumite
    52 Posts
    Try Tourer Select. I pay £159 for a £9500 caravan. No annoying automated answering systems. I have tried everybody Google can find and these are by far the cheapest.
    01452 511480
    Just noticed, if anybody takes up this insurance and quotes my certificate number 596301/T0707458 I will get a £10 Argos voucher!!! Same will apply to you if you recommend anybody.
  • POSSETTEPOSSETTE Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    OOH..I haven't tried them..do they have a website? or just the phone number?
    I will most certainly give your number as a recommendation,so if you get something with my name on it (Teresa Longdon-Hunt) you will know its me!
    We are changing our van in May so i will wait till then and do the new one.Cheers thanks again
  • rasen45rasen45 Forumite
    13 Posts
    HI try the local NFU i have found them the lowest.
    :T :T :eek:
    RASEN 45 :j :santa2:
  • jenniferniljennifernil Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caravan Club and Camping & Caravanning Club are good too. Also Adrian Flux.
    1.5K Posts
    im a member of caravan club and they wanted another £100 for same cover!!!.but will look at Adrian Flux too..many thanks to all recs:T
  • eribareribar Forumite
    52 Posts
    Teresa, tourer select are here http://www.tourerselect.co.uk/ but you have to telephone for a quote. Use the number I posted above to avoid premium rate call.
    I used to be with NFU, who are very competitive but T.S. were cheaper for me.
    Saga are not bad price for silver surfers.
    1.5K Posts
    ERIBAR I tried Tourer Select but the van has to be in a Cassoa registered compound or your drive..so unfortunately i cant proceed.Mine is in a compound on a farm,with security etc but not Cassoa ...will try other suggestions..cheers everyone
  • ArtemisArtemis Forumite
    71 Posts
    eribar wrote: »
    Try Tourer Select. I pay £159 for a £9500 caravan. No annoying automated answering systems. I have tried everybody Google can find and these are by far the cheapest.
    01452 511480
    Just noticed, if anybody takes up this insurance and quotes my certificate number 596301/T0707458 I will get a £10 Argos voucher!!! Same will apply to you if you recommend anybody.

Many thanks Eribar, just saved over a £100 with Tourer Select over Caravan Guard. Quoted your certificate number and they said they will check and see if recommendation offer is still on:T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals