Forum Home» Quick! Grabbit while you can» It's Gone, but was it any good?

Tesco Discussion chat & grabbits eleven + - Page 28

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tesco Discussion chat & grabbits eleven +

edited 14 November 2011 at 12:01PM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
9.5K replies 604.2K views

Replies

• jtz wrote: »
    bargainhustler-were you at the store beginning with a G today in a place beginning with B?

LOL, no I wasn't, but I do go there every so often. :p
    I hate twitches, but I LOVE glitches!!!
  • HAPPYCHAPPIES GUIDE TO UPLOADING PHOTOS FROM YOUR COMPUTER TO THE FORUM USING PHOTOBUCKET.

I've seen a few people ask how to upload photos so here goes. So simple even my sis could do it. ;)

1. Firstly get the picture(s) you want to upload on to your computer and put them somewhere where you can find them easily. Personally I use the desktop.

2. Create a Photobucket account if you don't have one.

3. Click on 'Select photos and videos'
    ScreenShot2011-11-05at233848.png

4. A box should pop up asking you to select the location of your picture. Double click on the picture or click on it once then select upload. I can't do a picture of this or go in to much detail as a Mac is totally different to Windows.

5. Once the picture has uploaded click on 'Save and continue to my album'
    ScreenShot2011-11-05at234011.png

6. You should then see all of the pictures you have uploaded.
    ScreenShot2011-11-05at234054.png

7. If you hover your cursor over the pic you want to put on MSN then a set of options should appear. Click (once) the yellow box next to 'IMG Code' and the string of code you see should change to 'Copied'.
    ScreenShot2011-11-05at234131.png

8. Come to MSE and where you would normally type a response or new post right click and select 'Paste'. Something like this should appear http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy12/Big_P_2010/ScreenShot2011-11-05at234131.png with at the start and at the end.

9. You do not need to go here as some people have suggested in the past.
    ScreenShot2011-11-06at000313.png

10. Reply/Post as you normally do and the picture should automatically appear. :)

I've done this on a Mac so Windows users could find it slightly different. If I get time I'll try this on a friends Windows computer and if it's different I will update.
  • QPR10QPR10 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    caz2703 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to when my boys are older enough (and I'm rich enough) to do Disney World especially as Disney own Pixar and DS1 is Cars mad. Just a word of warning seeing we're all local, my bro and his GF did Belfast > NY > Orlando with Continental a few weeks ago. On the way back there was a mad thunder storm in Orlando (been there, done that) so the flight was delayed. Unfortunately the connecting flight wasn't held contrary to what I was told when I book the same flights returning from our honeymoon. The Continental staff thought Dublin & Belfast were in the same country but they ended up flying them home via England with 2 hobo nights sleeping rough in Newark & London. To top it off the car was in the International and they were flown into the City airport plus their cases went awol.

So back on topic, I got a whole load of baking stuff yesterday and I think due to the frootz glitch I've been ripped off with the multibuys. Not sure how much by, maybe only £1 or £2 but I cba to add it all up. No 4p items but a few more Kelloggs to add to my food stash.

Sorry I'm taking over tonight but you mentioned the magic word "America" whenever possible, unless you are going on a package, try & make sure you arrive in the afternoon rather than the evening whilst it still light, a long trip, unfamiliar place, a weird hire car & driving on the wrong side on the road & if your renting a villa after a certain time the office where you pick the keys up will be closed, there is a facility to collect keys but no human being to ask questions to.

• edited 6 November 2011 at 12:20AM
    HappyChappy84HappyChappy84
    7.6K posts
    edited 6 November 2011 at 12:20AM
    QPRanger wrote: »
    Sorry I'm taking over tonight but you mentioned the magic word "America" whenever possible, unless you are going on a package, try & make sure you arrive in the afternoon rather than the evening whilst it still light, a long trip, unfamiliar place, a weird hire car & driving on the wrong side on the road & if your renting a villa after a certain time the office where you pick the keys up will be closed, there is a facility to collect keys but no human being to ask questions to.

And for gawd sake have travel insurance that provides at least £50,000,000 worth of medical cover for each person travelling.

I've never been to America (but I've been in some states) but if you have to go to hospital over there their first question isn't "where does it hurt?" it's, "how will you be paying?".:eek:
  • QPRanger wrote: »
    So you broke the scanner in Osterleigh :D I must get up early and go to TvvHum I really want to get one of those duvets ideal to wrap mother up in when she has the fire & radiators on and still says she's cold watching T.V.

I used the one upstairs and it was working fine :) I'm going the other direction tomorrow: Wemb*ey etc. :cool: Wonder if I can get the whole set of dj hero 2 :p only ps3 one missing :cool: bf not impressed so I'll need to try a goldie :D
    kprice88 wrote: »
    RE: sainsburys glitch

dont log in 1st add all the items to the basket then add the code then u log in i had to register as a new user
    and it should work i have 3 orders all from different email accounts as it wouldnt let me re-use the code

lets see if they cancel chances are they will but worth a shot i guess :j

I managed 3 orders as well before the items started to vanish from the basket... gave up now and waiting for the dreaded emails :rotfl:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Well after trying for the last half an hour eventually managed to put an order through at Sainsbobs' if its honoured i will be very surprised, but you have to be in it to win it - you never know.

Had a T free day today, not through choice - but the lady i work for decided she didn't want to go out today so i was grounded Grrrrrr !!

I did get one of those lovely chocolate and raspberry gateaux's yesterday at 75p it was amazing so will try to get more to top up the freezer and hopefully get into the good books. If anyone can remind me what the other puds were i would appreciate it - thanks x

Czer' hope you did ok with your interviews, being late doesn't mean you won't get the job - you did turn up - so you never know, think positive and positive things will happen for you.

Sunshinestar - i know this might sound daft to you but draw lots of pictures of you holding your money in your hands and think positive thoughts of what you ARE going to do with your money, NOT what you were going to do with it. If i want something bad enough i do this - drawings, thoughts etc and in the end i always get what i want - try googling "The Secret" its brilliant and definitely works - my OH thinks im mad !!! maybe i am maybe im not ???

Hopefully will get to T's tomorrow and be able to report back some goodies. I did go in T*v*rt*n store yesterday and looked at dressing gowns and not really knowing what i was looking at i know i saw some marked up at £16 in plastic bags hanging up - so if anyone is around that area there was some there yesterday in size S/M - hopefully this will help someone xxx
    Very proud to be Strip club member No 43
  • QPR10QPR10 Forumite
    4.8K posts
    brand8 wrote: »
    we went to orlando this year and it was the best holiday ive ever had we worked hard to save for it cost us 10.000 but worth every penny of money saving and working over time so if you can do it id say go for it

Good grief how many of you went ? Last time we went I knew I was going to sort it out myself but went to the holiday hypermarket place mainly if they could come up with better timings etc. I laughed so hard at the prices they came up with.

• ih8stressih8stress Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please give more info on the Mens Socks and Boxers/Trunks?
    Eg. is it just the 2 x pair Packs of Boxers/Trunks? They only had about 4 in my local, which scanned at half price (£3.50).

Thanks
  • Winjackie wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me butting in........ would this store be an East London one......? Think you might be referring to the one where I had my 4p items taken off of me last week :(

I bought some 4p items not so long ago there, and it went fine for me.

I know what you mean about getting DTD there, there was a time when the duty manager was called on my request, and he tried to blag his way out of giving dtd, saying the sel was OOD....errr....that is the whole point of dtd! Needless to say I called HO right in his face, and they made him give me dtd. LOL In your face!
  • Winjackie wrote: »
    This is the one I have looked all over for as well, I think it may be because every store I have checked (at least 5) have all had an SEL for £1.75 so I suppose they fly off the shelves as soon as they are restocked :(

Hun, if I find another set, I promise to give to you, ok? :)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support