MSE News: 'Delay iPhone purchase' ahead of iPhone 5 launch

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
30 replies 4.1K views
13»

Replies

• wouldbeqaulitymoneysaverwouldbeqaulitymoneysaver Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    With technology, a little patience goes a long way so you know when to buy.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    With technology, a little patience goes a long way so you know when to buy.

This is so true, TVs, PCs, Phones all the same case.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • wouldbeqaulitymoneysaverwouldbeqaulitymoneysaver Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A little Technie Know How goes a long way too when it comes down to Laptops Iphones anything really. Computers like to run on optimised specifications. Whatever the delights of Nokia and Blackberries they all have to catch up with the App Store.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • This article is actually incorrect, When the 3GS came out the 16gb was free on £35pm tariffs, when the iPhone 4 came out the 16gb & 32gb models of the 3GS were replaced with an 8GB at £35pm free. What will happen is rather than much of a reduction in price on the iPhone 4 the iPhone 5 will be the most expensive iPhone we have seen. Moore's law excludes the iPhone:D
  • 23n1th23n1th Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    custardy wrote: »
    does the Iphone 5 offer punctuation mode?

There'll be an app for that.

Probably named "ispellchecker" and innovative never before thought of concept that apple invented and will sue anyone who tries to spell check the english language.
  • mrochestermrochester Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    23n1th wrote: »
    There'll be an app for that.

Probably named "ispellchecker" and innovative never before thought of concept that apple invented and will sue anyone who tries to spell check the english language.

There's a very large helping of irony you're apparently missing when in one thread you accuse me of being biased while in another you post this! It's increasingly clear you have an agenda when posting as almost every post is littered with pro-Android, anti-Apple blatherings. It's a shame that you see fit to push whatever agenda it is you have in a forum where people come for impartial and unbiased advice.
  • edited 17 September 2011 at 9:32PM
    23n1th23n1th Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    edited 17 September 2011 at 9:32PM
    mrochester wrote: »
    There's a very large helping of irony you're apparently missing when in one thread you accuse me of being biased while in another you post this! It's increasingly clear you have an agenda when posting as almost every post is littered with pro-Android, anti-Apple blatherings. It's a shame that you see fit to push whatever agenda it is you have in a forum where people come for impartial and unbiased advice.

Just like the irony of you accusing me of trolling your posts whilst you simultaneously troll mine across threads?? (Dont worry I'll not threaten to report you for it though:rotfl:)

I was actually being sarcastic. I don't see anything "pro-android" in me post just poking a little fun at apple (something I know for you is a deadly sin).
  • poppy10_2poppy10_2 Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    globalphonemarketshare.jpg

Apparently the 'other' category consists of various small manufacturers such as "MicroMax. Spice. Tianyu. Maxx Mobile. Videocon. Karbonn."
    http://m.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/09/the-no-name-companies-selling-more-phones-than-samsung-lg-and-apple-combined/245232/
    poppy10
  • I'd read some where earlier today that Samsung had over taken Nokia thanks to the success of the SGS2 and US variants, I'd of though HTC would of been more popular, everyone seems to have one
  • poppy10_2poppy10_2 Forumite
    6.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    schmucker wrote: »
    I'd read some where earlier today that Samsung had over taken Nokia thanks to the success of the SGS2 and US variants, I'd of though HTC would of been more popular, everyone seems to have one
    Those are worldwide stats, in the mass markets of China and India there are millions of phones but very few are HTC
    poppy10
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cheap Train Tickets

Hidden fares, split tickets and how to beat booking fees

MSE Guides