1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 egg
    just under 15fl oz(3/4 pint)milk and water mixed
    30g sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    5 teaspoons heaped of mixed herbs

Mix all dry ingredients
    Beat egg in a jug and make up to 15 fl oz with the milk and water
    Mix the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
    This makes a batter type mix. Pour this into a loaf tin and bake on gas mark 4 /180 deg for approx 1 hour until risen and golden.

do you think this would work in the breadmaker with breadmaker yeast? if not i do have a loaf tin and normal yeast but i'd have to wait til next week because i won't have time tomorrow, and we hardly eat here at teh weekends so now good to me til then
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • Well done Mr Compbunny! What's he going to be doing?
    Hi All,

Emilia Anne was born at 7:21 yesterday morning weighing 7lb 2oz

Puzzled x

Yayyyy well done! Take it easy and enjoy these precious early days :) xxx
    Someone asked earlier why we do T****o etc-well it stops them getting lots of extra advertising etc for starters! Anyway-I went into bu***ns tonight

Aye I suppose I can see why, absolutely NO idea what BU***ns is though??

Going for a NSD today - got to prepare some spicy carrot soup with my 2kg whoopsied 40p carrots, got whoopsied 10p cheese topped rolls to go with and there's a bowl of pasta bol left over from last night if the Boyf wants that.
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • JayJay14JayJay14 Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    TrixieB wrote: »
    Aye I suppose I can see why, absolutely NO idea what BU***ns is though??

Budgens I would think - though I don't think I have ever been in one, it's a 'dawwn south' thing I think.

Re Te$co - it stops the post showing up on search engines.

Doing quite well on the spendy front this month - freezers stuffed though so shouldn't be spending much at all:D
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    nsd today i can see alot more of those coming aswell, just phoned to chase up the kids free school meals and they've lost my form it takes 4 weeks to process and will be 5 weeks really by thetime they get it (i did try chase it up ages ago but they were no help :( ) so now i have to pay £25 a week on school dinners :( that moneys gonna have to come from somewhere

dinner tonight is spag bol
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • Hi all, just updating signature, managed to spend another £27 in T$$$o, boy do i dislike that store, must stick to my guns and not use it, but have dilemma as they have given me a £9 off £60 shop which is tempting. Away to give myself a good talking too.
    Hope everyone is surviving and holding onto their budgets
    X
    Moving towards a life that is more relaxed and kinder to the environment (embracing my inner hippy:D) .:j
  • quintwins wrote: »
    nsd today i can see alot more of those coming aswell, just phoned to chase up the kids free school meals and they've lost my form it takes 4 weeks to process and will be 5 weeks really by thetime they get it (i did try chase it up ages ago but they were no help :( ) so now i have to pay £25 a week on school dinners :( that moneys gonna have to come from somewhere

dinner tonight is spag bol

packed lunch not an option? far cheaper
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • A quick trip to Home Bargains this morning - spent £1.48 on biscuits and a big tin of peaches, and £2.49 on a birthday pressie for one of DD's friends (she's going to a party next weekend).

Still on track for £260 this month I hope!

Evie
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • agiagaagiaga Forumite
    169 posts
    100 Posts
    Just received Asda delivery - items which I wanted the most out of stock of course :mad:
    Total spend this month £128.32 so far and 12 NSDs

I know I can do it in September! Just stay motivated...
    mortgage started 31st May 2011 -£59200
    mortgage overpayment started July 2011 :D
  • edited 17 September 2011 at 11:53AM
    poppy-glospoppy-glos Forumite
    478 posts
    edited 17 September 2011 at 11:53AM
    another £4 in mr t, french sticks x 3 (3for 2) butter, 2 spread for £2, and a couple of onions. hm soup for tea with the leftover carrots, and peppers in the fridge

nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • cattysmumcattysmum Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Well I did say I was hoping for a few no spend days this week as I am working nights, as the saying goes "the best laid plans .........Anyway daughter who is waiting for baby No 2 (6 days time) has been at mine almost every day as she is fed up being at home, she cant do much in the way of activity so she has had me on shopping trips as soon as I emerge from my bed!!!!!, with me driving and having a slow wander around (she says she needs to keep moving she says).. So reporting a couple of spends of 2.26 mr sainsbobs/2.20 B&M/tesco1.64. I am def. having a NSD today as DD has dragged her poor hubby out instead of me!!! I am going to bake some buns and checkout my food cupboard.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.