Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2011 Grocery Challenge - Page 66

New Post Advanced Search

September 2011 Grocery Challenge

edited 31 August 2011 at 10:44PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.1K replies 79.5K views

Replies

• Just been out to get a few essential bits to keep us going, spent £9.82 in A!di, £3.61 in Waitrose and about £8 in Sainsbobs (have lost the receipt - doh!). Total of £21.43 - just need to update my sig now, and that leaves me about £20 till the end of the month!!
    Should be do-able as have most of our meals already in the freezer

cheers
    PP

• Hi, just stopping by here to get some ideas, for my all in £49 weekly challenge (see thread on oldstyle board), so I hope that's ok.

Rej-C - can I ask where you got your jogger bottoms x2 £10? Do they do women's sizes too? Is the quality good?

Thanks
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Just a quick update before I forget.

Spent £6.32 today on catfood and ladies things at Mr S.

Will have a read now.

Have a great evening x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • edited 15 September 2011 at 9:18PM
    poppy-glospoppy-glos Forumite
    478 posts
    edited 15 September 2011 at 9:18PM

nsd for me today :-)

yesterday bought the £8.99 lidl clothes airer.. it is very nice and also out of my budget for food and household.

nov grocery challenge, £.227.69/300, 9/25 nsd: , 7 Cmo, 10 egm.
    Me, 10 yo dd, and the dog. all food and drinks, in and out, plus household shopping.
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi....breakfast out today...very bad....but tasted very nice....also got a bread maker from argos only £19.99 so worth a go i thought.....also took advantage of the 3 for 2 on toys so a it of christmas shopping done

i made a toad in the hole for tea...i was very proud of it and all but ds liked it...i think i might buy some seperate dishes and do individual ones next time

off to tesco tomorrow to have a look at the chickens ...not sure about them but will have a look

regards tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • 76rosie76rosie Forumite
    1.8K posts
    up to 22.35/60.00. Spent 32p in Mr T, Mr M and Sainsbob, shreddies, sacla sauce, campbell soup, cranberry juice, a whoopsie stir fry- 15p and 3x 10p onion bhajis. All the usual mocs. Still eating jellies a, frootz etc, and pasta. never eaten so well!!!
    grocery challenge 9.86/60
  • TrixieBTrixieB Forumite
    704 posts
    ✭✭
    Off topic, sorry but Where's Puzzlebubble? Sure have not seen them on today?
    Here's hoping Elvis has made an appearance! :j
    Trying very hard to be frugal and OS - just plodding on and doing my best!
    :money: :money:
    :money:
  • KeithKeith Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keith wrote: »
    When I get home on Friday, I'll spend some time with our daughter and have dinner before heading to Aldi at 7, then to the ASDA behind for the rest of the bits.

Over £3 for bin bags!

Headed to Aldi tonight so I can make a Bolognese tomorrow night to fill the freezer. Bought loads of food, plenty for next two weeks, may have to pop back for some fresh veg but in total it came to £70 including some beer for tomorrow night. :beer:
    Got the £2 bin bags!
  • Reporting a £5.99 spend at Tesco...two shower gels and a bottle of wine - my partner got offered the job he had a second-stage interview for the other day!!!!! So happy and proud of him! 8 months job hunting and come october no more JSA :) We've already decided to continue living frugally though! :D
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72
    Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• FoxFaceFoxFace Forumite
    321 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭
    TrixieB wrote: »
    Off topic, sorry but Where's Puzzlebubble? Sure have not seen them on today?
    Here's hoping Elvis has made an appearance! :j

Ooooo well spotted! Here's hoping indeed :beer:

Small spend today for me of £2.47, but this was for a bottle of cola, some midget gems, hot dog buns and two tins of tuna, so quite pleased with that really! :D
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
    ~Grocery Challenge March: £67.40p/ £80.00p~