Ways to raise money w/o job

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
30 replies 3.2K views
13»

Replies

• why not speak to the financial advisor first? If you leave it till last minute you may find its too late as certain funds have a cut off date, or theres no funds left in their budget to help. And if there is a bursary you can recieve it would likely be an ongoing one and would save you the hassle/stress of trying to raise £200. Your going about this the wrong way! I cant understandy why discussing your entitlements with the college is your last priority?
    Ideas,help and advice always welcome, judgements and assumptions are not!!
    :happyhearMarrying my Mr Perfect 2013 :grin:
  • j.e.j.j.e.j. Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    I have done but I've been getting some pervy people asking me to do washing in short skirts and wear only a bra underneathe the shirt & to undo the first few buttons...

And the other times people didn't reply :(

I don't trust other people on gumtree.
    I'd rather do things in my local area :/

I wanted to say, do be careful when advertising for work, especially when putting something along the lines of '17-year-old female seeking work'. There are some weirdos out there.

and ignore russxiii, not sure that was a serious suggestion!

How about asking thru friends, or friends of friends? Perhaps your parents might know someone who needs their dog walked/kids babysat/gardening done, etc? Or is there somebody you know thru church who might need some help?
  • I could ask around church :)
    £11.01/ £100
  • LwsiLwsi Forumite
    17 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Do you live near a university? If so, the Psychology dept could put you on their list of volunteers to take part in experiments. I'm on the list at our local University and have been paid for a variety of experiments, some interesting and some boring. You are free to accept or decline whatever you are offered.
  • marywooyeahmarywooyeah Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lwsi wrote: »
    Do you live near a university? If so, the Psychology dept could put you on their list of volunteers to take part in experiments. I'm on the list at our local University and have been paid for a variety of experiments, some interesting and some boring. You are free to accept or decline whatever you are offered.

ooh that sounds interesting - what kind of things have you taken part in? I might sign up, the students would probably have a field day inside my messed up head!
  • I don't my nearest university is like 1 hour away.
    and I'm in college so i don't want that kind of stuff to get in the way of my college work
    £11.01/ £100
  • How did you get on with your £200 target? I just saw your threads today, the original one was 5 weeks ago and you said you needed it by summer so was just wondering how you did with it, did all the pennies add up?
    Debt Free Wannabe by 1 January 2016 :o

Jan 2015 GC £520/£450
    Feb £139/£450
  • nope but then on saturday i found out that my grandparents would take the money out of my savings they set up for me :D
    So i didn't even need to try and raise money in 5 weeks (lol)

I'd still like to raise about £100 within 5 months though.
    £11.01/ £100
  • Lucky you!
    Debt Free Wannabe by 1 January 2016 :o

Jan 2015 GC £520/£450
    Feb £139/£450
  • Thanks, i don't have a lot of moeny in there now but i think its enough to cover 2 more years of college :)
    and by the end of this year i should be able to get a stable job or at least a part time job in childcare.
    £11.01/ £100
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals