Ways to raise money w/o job

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
30 replies 3.2K views
Charley.christianCharley.christian Forumite
93 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Boost Your Income
I need to make £200 by summer.
I don't have a job, I am looking & have tried but no one has anything going around. Does anyone know ways I can raise this money?

-Note : Yes, I have made 2 similar posts about this already but no one was very helpful. so thought i'd try again here-
£11.01/ £100

Replies

• McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebay, car boot sale, wash cars in your neighbourhood, cut grass,
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • im planning on a carboot soon after my boyfriend gets home from holiday
    £11.01/ £100
  • choillechoille Forumite
    9.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apply & get a job?
  • i have done, i have asked around town & other places but they have no work going around.
    Which is why i need to raise it with out a job.
    £11.01/ £100
  • Are you claiming any benefits whilst you are looking for a job? Have you tried temping agencies for a job?

Selling unused items to make some pennies, can you sell things in your local paper? I have sold a few items via netmums that is another free way to sell things.

Can you make things to sell to people? Jewellery, cards, invites? My OH is an excellent artist and he has started doing hand drawn sketches to bring in some extra money. He has a facebook page set up so people can see his work.
    January GC £33/200

Christmas 2012 savings £60
  • no because i'm going to college, i don't qualify for jobseekers allowenece.
    £11.01/ £100
  • I'm starting to make things like cards & things
    £11.01/ £100
  • Could you offer a baby sitting service to people? off offer your services maybe ironing and cleaning?
    January GC £33/200

Christmas 2012 savings £60
  • craftingmadcraftingmad Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    how about mystery shopping (thread on here), quidco free cash etc? Also if you are making handmade things how about etsy or folksy? You could also do a couple of craft fairs with the cards and things you are making ? Good luck x
    Mortgage - [STRIKE]£125k[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £32k[/STRIKE] £24k OP Made 2010 £29320 OP 2011 £4200
    BTL Mortgage £81K BTL Mortgage £82
    No Craft Spending in 2020 53/366 Stash Busting Challenge 2020 244/2020

1% club member 17,18& 21 - 100% reached 3 times £10k :j New Target £300.57/£5000 6%
    NSD JAN 10/20
  • jcst104jcst104 Forumite
    38 Posts
    Put an ad on gumtree saying you will clean or pet sit or any other little things. I regularly look on gumtree when I am looking to employ people casually. If you were based in southampton I would offer you the pet sitting work I have going for next week.
    I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.
    -E.E. Cummings
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals